What's new

LOTR: Two Towers EE deals (1 Viewer)

Michael Sliger

Second Unit
A MovieCash coupon for TTT came with my standard FotR:EE package last year, so it wasn't a gift set exclusive. Not every retailer was supplied DVD sets with the coupon though (and I seem to remember reports of some B&M stores with both couponed and couponless boxes on their shelves on the release date).

A quick look at websites for Best Buy, Wal-MArt, Target and Circuit City don't show any mention of a movie ticket deal so far. I guess we get to wait until the Sunday ads appear. Still, Bestbuy.com has already dropped their sale price to $24.99. The price war appears to have started.

JayDerek

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know if there will be any deals on the Fellowship EE next week at B&M stores??

Thanks

~Jason

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Jason: Watch this forum on Sunday morning!

Gotta wait! See the sticky thread at the very top of the Coupons & Bargains Page. The guys who run the HTF ask/insist (which is their right) that all discussions of weekly sales not be posted until Sundays.

Another current thread "Could we make an exception?" has gone over some of the reasons for this policy. The main reason is that retailers were threatening the HTF and other sites with action if their deals were posted early.

And, you can count on Dave Lambert and his weekly RoundUp to scout out the best deals based on availability of retailers/wholesalers in your area!

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
From what I see, Shopko, of all places, has the lowest advertised B&M price for the 4 disc set at $22.99. Wal-Mart may be beating that, at least some places.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
24.99 at bestbuy or if you buy that and the new sinbad for 20 you get an instant $5 off total.

Jimmy M

Second Unit
I asked at Blockbuster today; they have it listed in their computer as selling for $21.99. I prepaid for one just in case their price changes.

Jimmy!

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Looks like the BBV price may have been corrected; my local store shows it at $34.99 now. Rats.

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
Just found a better deal.

If you have a Hastings near you, they have a great deal. In their Sunday flyer it has a deal for TTT:EE for $29.99. However, if you trade in the theatrical TTT, you get $10 off bringing it to $19.99. I was planning trading in the theatrical version anyway, so this is a great deal.

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit
Okay, so the box set is $59.99 @ Shopko this week. If you went to Shopko last week they were handing out $10 off $50 purchase, so the set drops to $49.99! Good for those of us who don't have a Sam's membership and/or don't want to give Sam Walton's heirs any more money...

mike.

Ben_Hud

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think that Sams is carrying any of the gift sets. Atleast the Sams in athens is only carrying the 4 disc non gift set

Todd Schnell

Second Unit

I called 2 different Sam's & neither has TTT Gift Set.
I also can not find any version of TTT DVD on the Sam's web site.

Todd

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Yes, BB had the Gift Set for $49.99 on release day last year. I remember because I specifically ordered it on-line since I wouldn't be able to get to BB prior to the release-week price going up.

Looks like I'll get it from Costco this year (or possibly BJ's depending on Mike Frezon's report). :)

BradWOO

Stunt Coordinator
Two Towers Gift Set is $47.99 at BJ's! I received a $5 off Bj's coupon in the mail, so that brought it down to $42.99. This was just a general coupon for using your Mastercard.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
It's disappointing that BB is charging $10 more for the TTT:EE gift set this year. However, I have $50 in BB gift cards (from other promotions) and $6 in McDonald's BB bucks to help soften the blow. After adding tax & subtracting the $10 rebate for buying the theatrical version, New Line will be paying me $1.66 to take this off their hands. :D

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
FWIW, my local Wal-Mart has the 4 disc set for $21.84. I expect the difference between this and the other price reported for them is we have Shopko here in town and they are beating Shopko's $22.99 price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks