What's new

LOTR: TTT - Platinum Series Special Extended Edition (1 Viewer)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Joe is correct about the fan club credits being tied to the length of the charter membership purchased. What this means is that the FC credits should be shorter (less names) on TTT than on FotR (and even shorter again on RotK).

Chris Dias

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
Okay maybe this is what happened regerding the Fan credits and the running time. I saw this on DVD in England so it must be the PAL compression that shortened the running time which led me to believe that the Credits were part of the extra running time.

Does that sound right? Thanks for the clarification anyway.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Yah, it was PAL speed-up that caused the EE to have a similar running time w/the fan credits added. I remember discussing it last year.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Well that gift set looks cool - except now I too cannot get that mental picture of "Gollum's ass hanging out on my shelf" out of my head!:eek:

The only way I'll buy the regular edition is if they have the rebate again. I know that my misgivings with TTT won't be rectified with the Extended Edition, but I'm a completist and I liked FoTR a lot so I have to get some version of TTT. But I won't pay full price for the regular edition (which I know I had issues with) if there's no rebate. I'll just buy the gift set and hope that the extra 40 minutes will dull the pain of the changes I didn't like. :)

Craig W

Second Unit
Sorry if I warped anyone's mind with my Gollum's ass comment;)

I was trying to express concern that the additional DVD on Gollum in the Gift Set should be part of appendices of the EE if it covers Gollum's transformation from page to screen.

It won't bother me if the extra DVD is just on the creation of the statue.

Brenton

Screenwriter
Am I the only one who noticed some things about that image of the EE cover?
  • It's ugly as snot
  • It hurts my eyes
  • It's fake (a photoshop job taken from the photo of FOTR's box)

I've been severely disappointed so far in images of this cover. So far they have all been poor hack-aparts of an image of FOTR. I'm not complaining about how it will look in the end, as I believe these are all just a bunch of poor representations of the actual thing. I'm just disappointed at how they're displaying it so far.

The version that can be glimpsed from inside the Gollum box would suit my taste better. Unfortunately it's from an odd perspective and partially blocked by the box and the statue. Why can't they give us an image like that from the right perspective?

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Brenton,
I don't think it's a fake...it just looks like an early mock-up. IIRC, they did the same thing with Fellowship last year. Also, it isn't a photoshop of Fellowship's box, because it's a different box completely.

ToEhrIsHuman

Second Unit
Real Name
Craig Ehr
The version that can be glimpsed from inside the Gollum box would suit my taste better. Unfortunately it's from an odd perspective and partially blocked by the box and the statue. Why can't they give us an image like that from the right perspective?
I believe the one pictured in the "box set" represents the outer slipcase and the other is the inner fold-out that the DVDs are placed into....same as with 'LOTR: FOTR'.

Abby

Grip
Joe is correct about the fan club credits being tied to the length of the charter membership purchased. What this means is that the FC credits should be shorter (less names) on TTT than on FotR (and even shorter again on RotK).
Not necessarily. Those who signed up for just one year are likely to sign up again (the mags alone are more than worth it) and there are opportunities to sign up for the last two (TT & Rotk) or last one year (RotK). So there's no telling what the run time would be.

Brenton

Screenwriter
Beats me. Where'd you get it?

It looks like the same image just in grayscale, and vertically compressed.

And notice it still has the same wear pattern as FOTR.

TomWoodward

Second Unit
Beats me. Where'd you get it?
That one's from r2-dvd.org, think they added it a couple of days ago along with the collector's edition art. It certainly isn't the region two art though as EiV release it in the UK...odd that it's a totally different colour to the other ones going around though...

Brenton

Screenwriter
This one is far less offensive to my eyes.

The reason they should change it is because they are meant to look like old books. Two old books will not have the exact same wear.

However, this isn't confirmation that the pattern will be the same. It may very well still be only a mockup made from the FOTR cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks