What's new

LOTR Slipcase Offer - Any Equivalent Offer for Canadians? (1 Viewer)

Rob T

Screenwriter

Thanks for the warning.
mine came in yesterday to the post office and I picked it up today. I was very careful in opening it up. :emoji_thumbsup:

Andy Kim

Second Unit
I just received mine today. I sent away for the box the same day ROTK was released. They cashed my check just before Christmas. So if you haven't gotten yours yet, be patient as it looks like they are finally arriving.

Mark molson

Auditioning
I have an offer that I am not using. If anyone from Canada wants it mailed to them, PM me and I can send it to you.

Mark

[Quick Edit]
It's been spoken for, so it's not availible any more. Thanks

Daman

Second Unit
Got my slipcase cover yesterday :D finally!!!! All the 3 cases fit nicely inside it and it looks very cool :emoji_thumbsup:

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
WOW! Got the e-mail yesturday and the slipcase today!! Looks great. Thanks New Line, you've been amazing to us fans!! Now, for one last show have an all day all 3 EE screening!!!

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter
My slipcase arrived today.

However, it was packed in a thin box a micron larger than the slipcase itself with no padding, and got banged up in shipping.

I have sent an inquiry to see if there is a replacement procedure.

I got a letter earlier this week from the fulfillment house (Canada) that I had written the wrong date on the cheque. I had inadvertently post-dated the cheque to December 25, 2005 - I guess they didn't want to wait that long. Hopefully the turnaround on this will still be quick.

And to the person who posted about a slipcase for the two-disc editions, I don't think there is one. So far, only one person on this thread claims to have seen one, so I think it unlikely that it does actually exist in any great numbers.

Laurence Price

Stunt Coordinator
It took several weeks but, I finally recieved the LOTR slipcase. Now I can easily store all of my LOTR movies together.

Tim_P_76

Second Unit
Real Name
Timothy J. Parkans
Got mine today and in perfect condition. Ordered it Dec 15, arrived 1/28. Never got an email though. Nice job New Line!

DougWright

Stunt Coordinator
I still have the French Coupon (I am sure the slipcase is the same no matter which coupon you use), if anyone wants it pm me.

Greg_Hunter

Auditioning
Just a little bump... and some new info.

I got my EE case yesterday. Nice! I've also sent off my rebate form, so it'll be a wash: $5 rebate, less $4 plus $0.50 stamp for the case, less $0.50 for the stamp on the rebate equals exactly zero!

I was also poking around at Future Shop, and noticed that they are selling the theatrical (2-disc) trilogy as a box set -- yes, including a slipcase -- for $47.99CDN. That looks like a sale price; check it out here: h t t p : //w w w.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&dept=13&sku_id=0665000FSM2080805&catid=&newdeptid=13

I was grumbling, and asked my wife, "How come I didn't get a box?" and she answered, "Because you bought too soon!" She's right, of course. Sort chokes me -- as a fan, I buy early, and I miss out on something cool. Boo...

If anyone knows how to get a theatrical slipcase without having to buy the whole trilogy again, I'd love to learn how!

Greg,

I would hope they might make those available to those who purchased the theatrical editions upon release too, though I am not holding out much hope.

I also received my EE box late last week; great job by New Line and whomever else had this idea and followed it through; it looks very slick. Thank you!

Trevor H

Second Unit

I got the same letter and I too purchased mine from the US, I was wondering if anyone could let me know how the original Canadian coupon was worded because it says you can also send in a hand printed copy.

jason:g

Stunt Coordinator
I'd rather keep the extended editions in their original (green+red+blue) slipcases than the (green) coloured slipcase for the entire set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks