What's new

LOTR: FotR Preordering @ Best Buy.com (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Since I ordered mine yesterday it is still In Process.

However my coworker's shipped as of yesterday as well, and at the $15.99 rate.

I'm so frickin' amped to get this DVD, it's not even funny.

MichaelG

Second Unit
Why the heck am I the only one who still see's this in my order details...
-------------------------------------
Product Total: $19.99
Shipping and Order Charges: $0.00
Tax: $1.65
Subtotal: $21.64
Discount, Coupons & Credits: $0.00
Total Credit Card Charge: $21.64
-------------------------------------

I ordered yesterday, hopefully they drop the price on my order too. Do they just email that digital coupon next week? I see no reference to that in my order either

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Michael, the digital coupon is not mailed until on or after the 8th. People are just anticipating the coupon and applying it to their cost.

Your price should change upon shipping or at the latest, by Sunday, when their online/in-store price is $15.99.

MichaelG

Second Unit
Thanks Peter. I know that the digital coupon doesn't apply to my current order and I have to use it for another order besides this one, I just wasn't sure how they did it. If they put something in the order status page or not.

Todd Schnell

Second Unit
James,

I stated in my original post
"-$10.00 rebate on the gift set ".

Unless I missed something, I understood a rebate was included in this version for:

$10 on the (5 disc) Gift Set.
$5 for the (4 disc) Extended version.

Is this not correct?

Todd

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
There's no mention of the $10 digital coupon in your online order status/invoice, Michael. Just make sure your spam filter (including yourself) doesn't trash your best buy emails toward the end of next week. ;)
Todd, I understood the same.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Also, for those who are new to bestbuy.com they'll send a $5 welcome digital coupon for 'every' (;)) new online account that you open. So keep an eye out for these.
And on the anniversary of your account, they'll send either a $5 or $10 digital coupon...I cannot remember, since I had that sucker spent immediately.

BrettK

Agent
For those of you interested in purchasing the 4- or 5-disc versions later this year, why buy the 2-disc set now?

I'm as big a fan of LOTR as any, but if I'd known a Criterion Traffic were coming out, I wouldn't've purchased the original, and for me the same logic applies here.

Is it impatience, wanting a complete collection, or ... ?

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
BretK, I haven't even seen the movie (nor read the books), and I still plan to get both versions.

The current release is a "theatrical cut" version. The later releases are "extended director's cut" versions. The extras on them are said to be different. In other words, there's no overlap. At the prices they're being sold for, it almost becomes a no-brainer.

I'm buying this one and if I love it, I'm buying the 4 or 5 disc versions as well.

MichaelG

Second Unit
I am also getting the 5-Disc version later this year, since this one comes with the $10 I ordered it. I can give this version to someone in my family later when I get the other one, or just keep it.

BrettK

Agent
Ah.. okay, I misunderstood the $10 digital coupon. I had thought you already had that due to previous purchases.
And the $10 coupon off the 5-disc version is confirmed?
If so, I agree, not a bad deal. :)

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
Well mine is still processing :frowning: I hope it ships tomrrow so I'll get it on Tuesday, if not O well :)
Brian

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Mine three :frowning:
If it doesn't ship tomorrow, I gotta cancel and pick it up in-store. The missus demands a Tuesday viewing!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I thought about that too. Then I definately get the $10 digi-coupon, right?
Trouble is I've returned/exchanged several things lately. They feel wary of me right now. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks