What's new

LOTR: FotR Preordering @ Best Buy.com (2 Viewers)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I usually receive Best buy stuff a day or two after the release date. It seems they ship during free shipping offers Media mail. But they usually ship it early so you get it a day or two after the release date.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Really worst-case scenario - if for any reason you aren't satisfied with your online dvd purchase (and the disc remains unopened), you can return it to a nearby Best Buy for a refund. No RMA's or fumbling with additional shipping necessary.
Patrick, no need feel as though you have to excuse your less-than-hysterical enthusiasm ;) for FOTR. From what I've been able to cull from the tome-as-long-as-the LOTR-book of a thread, the aural exhibition from this disc is of supreme reference quality. That and smart shopping should be reasons good enough.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I just placed the preorder at BB and the price was $19.99.
HOWEVER:
When I check "Order Status" it says Online Price: $19.99, Final Price: $15.99, Total: $15.99
So it looks like it really will be $15.99 for all the unbelievers.
And I figured I wouldn't mind not getting it on street date because it's not the kind of movie that I'll want to demo scenes from...I'll want to watch it from beginning to end, and the earliest I'll be able to do that is Sat. the 10th. So I'm hoping BB will have it shipped by then. And that $10 coupon sure will help knock the price off a DVD-audio that I want to buy from their site. ;)

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
If the Rebate for the 4/5 disc versions are coupons, surely it shouldn't matter what day your order ships. Isn't it just a matter of handing in the coupon when you buy the future set? Why would you need a copy of the receipt for this?

Bleddyn

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Tony, the $10 digital coupon is only available for preorders. And since it's a preorder, you won't have the option during the ordering process to pick up at store. They'll email the digital coupon to you on or after the 8th.

Yeah, and do what Carlo did. Upon immediate completion of your order, your initial preorder invoice might state $19.99. go back and check your order status. It should state the revised price.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Last week their site was advertising the $10.00 coupon. I don't see any mention of it at all now. Are they still offereing it?

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
The item you get the coupon on you cannot pick up instore. You can use the digital coupon online and pickup instore.

DavidBL

Stunt Coordinator
One more data point in the affirmitive:

Ordered yesterday, $19.99 + $1.00 tax = $20.99

Checked status today, "Online price = $19.99, final price = $15.99 + $1.00 tax = $16.99"

I'll probably use my $10 coupon to preorder the 4 disc set for the same price I got this one!

David

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
Just so everyone knows I'm pretty sure you HAVE to use the $10 off by the end of Aug. And I'm not sure if you can use it on pre-orders, though I would assume you can.
Does anyone know where BB's warehouse is? I'm hoping the Twin Cities since I'm a day away as far as mail goes :)
Last but not lest for those that haven't heard or just don't get it. :)
The rebate is for $10 off the 5 disc version OR $5 off the 4-disc version. Lastly I'm pretty sure it's a MAIL IN rebate, and not a coupon, since that way a lot of people won't even bother to mail it in since it's quite a few months later. It's just to entice people into buying the 2-disc set now.
Brian

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
This is what the order status looks like. Quite interesting as to how BB does it, you'd think they'd WANT you to know you can get it for $15.99...

Lord Of Rings: Fellowship Of Ring (2 Disc) Ws
On Order

Qty. Online Price Final Price Total
1 $19.99 $15.99 $15.99

Product Total:
$15.99
Shipping and Order Charges:
$0.00
Tax:
$1.30

Subtotal:
$17.29
Discount, Coupons & Credits:
$0.00

Total Credit Card Charge: $17.29

Todd Schnell

Second Unit
Peter, & David thanks you guys gave me the answers I was looking for.
This is a very sweet deal. :emoji_thumbsup:
I'm sitting on the place order button now, but I hesitate because I just don't think I can resist going out Tuesday morning to buy this most anticipated DVD locally. :D
Todd

Todd Schnell

Second Unit
Well I went for it last night.
The deal is just too good.
Confirmed price of $15.99 + tax this morning.
$19.99
Product Total:
$15.99
Shipping and Order Charges:
$0.00
Tax: $0.64
Total $16.63
Then with coupons & rebates:
$16.43
-$10.00 digital coupon
----------
$6.43
-$10.00 rebate on the gift set
----------
= +$3.57 :emoji_thumbsup:
One way to look at it anyway. :D
Todd

James D

Second Unit
Todd- it's actually a $5 rebate for this version. The $10 rebate are for the two releases in November. Sorry to rain on your parade, but $1.43 plus the stamp you'll need to mail the rebate in is still a great deal.:)

Craig W

Second Unit
Doesn't Best Buy have a preorder guarantee where if the title is a lower price the day it is released then they only charge you the lower price. I thought I read that somewhere on their site unless it has changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks