What's new

Lost: Season Six (1 Viewer)

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
"Chains" theories:

Justin S Quote:
Pseudo-Locke's chains comment seems to hint that Richard was a slave on the Black Rock.

Quentin Quote:
...without those chains" means Richard is no longer immortal ('chains' of immortality).

My 18-YO son says the chains were what bound Richard to Jacob. Oh, and just for fun, Terry O'Quinn's character is currently known as 'UnLocke" in our house.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Let's not forget that Jack did meet Desmond before he went on the sailing trip, so that could also explain why he looked familiar.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Speaking of CGI couldn't they have "motion-captured" a young Jack (or any of the cast) for scenes where they re-create segments of early seasons - Jack looks noticeably older and has longer hair in the airplane scenes at the beginning...he didn't look like that in Season 1. At the very least he could've cut his hair short. The underwater island thing reminded me of Waterworld - I don't know what to make of that. I'm also curious what kind of ratings numbers this pulled in and if any of those people who abandoned the show came back for it.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Let's not forget that Jack did meet Desmond before he went on the sailing trip, so that could also explain why he looked familiar.

Ding! Ding! Forgot about that.

I bet that was what was being referred. These writers
don't forget.

Oh, and the presumption about Sayeed? Seems like a lot
of people are saying the same thing....

That ain't Sayeed!
Comedian Jim Norton on Twitter has spoiled the ending of LOST:

"LOST spoiler- They are actually on Staten Island, standing in line at
Motor Vehicles. The series ends with Locke getting handicap plates."

All I know is that if the show ends with Journey's Don't Stop Believin'we are in for a lot of trouble.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
After seeing them start to dump the ash around The Temple, I think that the ash keeps the monster out. In other words, the cabin had ash around to keep the smoke monster out of it and not to keep the monster inside an area.
That would make sense since in the scene where the smoke monster was killing Jacob's "bodyguards" one of them was standing in a circle drawn on the ground and couldn't kill him directly. It had to knock over a boulder to force him out of the circle and then kill him.

Comedian Jim Norton on Twitter has spoiled the ending of LOST:
I remember him talking on O&A one day how the kid who plays Walt's parents must have desparately tried to keep him from growing. It was quite amusing.

Arild

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein

Something tells me
the alternate reality is the real one since Juliette
whispered in death, "It worked!"
I don't think one is more "real" than the other. They are both actually happening. I do think what happened with Juliet there is important, though. She whispered some seemingly nonsensical lines before dieing, maybe some sort of crossover was happening and that is why she knew it worked?

Originally Posted by Luisito34

Speaking of CGI couldn't they have "motion-captured" a young Jack (or any of the cast) for scenes where they re-create segments of early seasons - Jack looks noticeably older and has longer hair in the airplane scenes at the beginning...he didn't look like that in Season 1.
Ah, no. Certainly, a CGI version of the characters would be way more distracting and far less believable looking than slightly older cast members. Especially on a TV budget.

Raymond_H

Stunt Coordinator

While Jack could've had that " I know you" feeling as a deja-vu feeling from the 2 timelines, we are not sure if the stadium meeting took place in this ALT timeline.

From another board :

"The island sinks in 1977. This would mean, to my mind, that anyone living on the island in 1977 (other than the 815ers) sank with it, which would mean that Widmore, Ellie, Richard, young Ben, the Dharma Initiative, the rest of the Others, and everyone else living there at that time, died.

In that case, there would be no Widmore Industries, so no boat race sponsored by Widmore, and possibly, no Penny for Desmond to fall in love with. That would depend on what year Penny was conceived, of course (how old is she supposed to be?). Whether Penny exists or not, she would have grown up under different circumstances, not as the daughter of a wealthy tycoon, which could have altered the circumstances of her meeting with Desmond. And didn't his reason for undertaking the boat race in the first place have to do with wanting to impress Penny and her father?

Also, if there is no boat race, Desmond would not have been training in the stadium where he and Jack first met."

Of course if it is fate then all of these things in the timeline will work themselfs out. About Locke as well, with no Jacob to presumably to heal him after his fall, wouldn't he be dead? I guess there are a ton others of questions that arise with this ALT timeline (due to the bomb or whatever).

Seems the more of a fan you are of this show, the more confused you are. I hate/love it.

Darren_N

Stunt Coordinator
But what if Jughead going off in 1977 triggered a chain of events that led to Desmond not going on the race around the world (i.e. Widmore dying in the explosion and not being around to set up the race)? Desmond wouldn't have met Jack at the stadium while training for it.

Edit: Raymond beat me to it with part of his post.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I have the feeling myself that the Desmond on the plane wasn't really there, just visible to Jack or something. .. Or maybe Desmond on the plane is to Jack, what Eloise Hawking was to Desmond in "Flashes Before Your Eyes".

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I am also glad that lost is back. This episode did not disappoint at all. I concur that the "ash" is used to keep the smoke monster out of an area but in reverse could keep him confined in an area.

I think Sayeed is still Sayeed as I got the feeling when everyone thought he was dead that Miles thought otherwise since he was unable to connect with him in the pool area. He seemed to think something was odd, even though he denied it when asked.

I don't think Jacob was trying to pull the same stunt as the smoke monster guy did with Locke's body because his note said Sayeed had to live.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by MarkMel

I think perhaps the two realities will continue to exist until one point in time or an event like the bomb will force the realities together where they will stick like that to become one or the 'now'.
I am guessing that at the end of the series somehow the experiences or knowledge of the islanders will flow into them in the other reality where they didn't crash. That will be their "reward" for accomplishing whatever it is they need to do this season on the island.

Darren_N

Stunt Coordinator
What exactly did Juliet say to Sawyer before she died? I caught something about "getting coffee" and "going dutch". Could it be that at that moment, she was inbetween the 2 realities?

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I can't watch this series on network television. I tried doing it a few times, but the distractions in the corners of the screen, and the commercials, are too annoying. For me, it breaks up the continuity of the scenes too much and takes away from the enjoyment of the series.

I own the first three seasons of Lost on DVD, and I can't wait to pick up the final three seasons of the series. I've already mentioned to my family that after we finish Andromeda (we're currently in the third season), Lost is the next series we're going to complete. Our children love it -- and they were quite excited to hear we were getting back to Lost.

Goodness, I really have such great memories of this wonderful show.

I got troubles oh, but not today
Cause they're gonna wash away
They're gonna wash away

And I have sins Lord, but not today
Cause they're gonna wash away
They're gonna wash away

And I had friends oh, but not today
Cause they're done washed away
They're done washed away

And oh, I've been cryin'
And oh, I've been cryin'
And oh, no more cryin'
No, no more cryin' here

We get along Lord, but not today
Cause we gonna wash away
We gonna wash away

And I got troubles oh, but not today
Cause they gonna wash away
This old heart gonna take them away

Or, if you prefer:

Wash away my troubles, wash away my pain
With the rain in Shambala
Wash away my sorrow, wash away my shame
With the rain in Shambala [...]
Everyone is helpful, everyone is kind
On the road to Shambala
Everyone is lucky, everyone is so kind
On the road to Shambala [...]
How does your light shine, in the halls of Shambala?

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
Joe H beat me too it about Desmond. I'm not entirely sure that he really was on the plane.

Hadn't considered the idea that, with the bomb gone off, Desmond may not have been in a situation where he was running the stadium steps with Jack.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Seems the more of a fan you are of this show, the more confused you are. I hate/love it.
Ha totally, my wife always asks me "how was Lost?" I always say "It was great, I have no idea what's going on but it was great."

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Arild

Ah, no. Certainly, a CGI version of the characters would be way more distracting and far less believable looking than slightly older cast members. Especially on a TV budget.
I agree but I think also there's an "in-universe" answer. Things are slightly different now. Hurley is lucky, Desmond is on the plane (maybe), Jack is nervous rather than Rose, Cindy gives Jack one bottle of liquor, Boone is in a different seat, Shannon didn't come, Michael and Walt aren't on the plane apparently, Christian's body dissapeared, etc. If a viewer can accept those changes then an ever-so-different haircut or someone looking 5 and a half years older doesn't really stand out.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
A few more thoughts and questions:

- I found title LA X interesting. Note that it isn't LAX, but rather LA X, with the X referring to an alternate reality (at least in comics, that's the typical usage--Marvel's amazing "Earth X" crossover series, for example). At least twice, Sawyer exclaimed "this ain't LAX!" Double-meaning, perhaps?

- Charlie said he "was supposed to die," reinforcing the notion of destiny.

- Locke and Jack are bothing missing "baggage." Easily read into.

- Who was the rocket signal meant for? Richard and the others outside of the Temple? Someone else?

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Originally Posted by NeilO

I am guessing that at the end of the series somehow the experiences or knowledge of the islanders will flow into them in the other reality where they didn't crash. That will be their "reward" for accomplishing whatever it is they need to do this season on the island.
Kind of like the ending of The Langoliers where the alternate reality slowly crashes into the actual reality?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Regarding Sayeed, no doubt....

Sayeed is now Jacob. That is why Jacob
told Hurley to bring Sayeed to the temple.

No doubt that is Jacob and he is going to
fight from within the temple.
Also, a theory that was brought up about the
alternate realities....

There will be only one reality. If Jack is destined
to stay on the island then he will be killed in LA.
If Hurley is destined to be in LA he will be killed
on the Island.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks