What's new

Lost: Season Six (1 Viewer)

Joe_H

Screenwriter
... I hate how if you put your mouse over the "latest post" on the forum list page, the popup doesn't hide what's contained in spoiler tags.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
LOST sorta snuck up on me. I wanted to watch the final ep. from last season. Thank goodness for the recap.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
There's a ton of questions I have relating to the show but for some reason, I wonder what is in Hurley's guitar case. Jacob gave it to Hurley, Hurley took it to the 1977 island and has it with him in the van when they tried to blow up the Jughead bomb but they never even hint at what's inside.

Maybe it contains Marsellus Wallace's soul?

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I recently watched last season's finale again. It may be the only episode of Lost I've actually gone back and watched. Surprisingly, I could put it in right now sit through watching it again. It's such a payoff episode. I'm looking forward to experiencing the rollercoaster as it makes its last few twists and turns as it comes to the end.

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
I try to stay away from all things "LOST" except this forum. Is tonight's episode a recap or is it the start of the season? BrettB -- LOST snuck up on me this year as well. I have been involved in more stuff with my kids, cub scouts, basketball, school, and this year is just flying. If this is the really the first new show of the season then I am PUMPED.

Scott!

Agent
Real Name
Scott McWilliams
My girlfriend had never watched Lost and we just plowed through seasons 1-5. I didn't start watching until season 4 was done but I'm eargerly looking forward to seeing how it all ends.

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Tim Gerdes

There is a one-hour recap at 8 PM EST and then Episodes 6.01 and 6.02 beginning at 9 PM.

Thank you Tim

It looks like I have a full night of LOST tonight. EXCELLENT!!! Now I just have to put the wife and kids in bed a couple of hours early so they do not disturb me. I can't stand watching when they are up because they have so many questions.

Reminder to me - Set DVR - Make big glass of whiskey and water - Sit down to watch at 8:45. This should allow me to watch straight thru without seeing any commercials.

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
Originally Posted by Matt^Brown

Reminder to me - Set DVR - Make big glass of whiskey and water - Sit down to watch at 8:45. This should allow me to watch straight thru without seeing any commercials.

I plan to do the exact same thing.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I'm not going to say anything about the content of the premiere yet, but I just had to say one thing I've noticed while it's a commercial break.

It's VERY rare these days that a show keeps me entertained enough that I'm not multitasking while watching. Lost though, still keeps me drawn only to the TV the entire episode.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
It was a great premiere two hour event. I do wonder if we are going to be seeing the truth of what "Locke" had to say to Ben all season - both realities - the one where they land in LAX (and their lives are "pitiful" without the island) and the one that continues where we left off.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
From the van visit on, I was thinking Jacob probably wanted to use Sayid's body ala the way Locke's is being used. They would need two though for that to make sense, but I guess we'll know for sure next week. The whole talk between Locke and Jack at the airport makes me think maybe Locke will be back eventually. Nothing is irreversible.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
It just wouldn't be Lost if it didn't give us new questions in the process of answering the old ones.

So we find out what the smoke monster is -- kind of -- and we still don't know who the smoke monster is. Obviously it is someone Richard recognizes. And who are the Jacob protectors? It says a lot that a group of people will watch the smoke monster in the form of John Locke walk up to Richard, knock him out, throw him over his shoulder, and start walking off -- and not a single person moves to stop him. And yet, that might be exactly what would happen in real life because everything that's happening is so totally out of the real of understanding, you just sit there dumbfounded and more than a little scared.

The most impressive thing for me is how many people they were able to get back onto the show. I was very impressed Juliet showed up, as opposed to dying offscreen. Charlie was back. I believe that was Shannon's brother (I forge this name). Claire was back. Juliet and Charlie are on different shows now (Juliet as a main star), but they were back. Kudos to all involved in making that happen.

Why has Hugo gone all 6th Sense?

I've forgotten a bit of my Lost terminology. Who were those people in the temple? We had the Dharma Initiative. We had "Others". I've fogtten who the Others were (where they came from). Were the people in the temple the Others, or some other (new) group? Have they been there the whole time?

The island's healing properties seem to be concentrated in that pool.

Welcome back, Lost

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
A friend of mine posted the following on Facebook:

"Found premier of this seasons Lost predictable. Totally called majority of what happened a couple of days ago."

I called him on his total B.S. Who could have predicted much of anything on those 2 episodes???

I really enjoyed it and am very happy with this season start.

Oh...and WOW can Terry O'Quinn ever have a sweet, kind face and then one scary-as-hell face! I just love Terry!

Joe_H

Screenwriter
And that pool seems to be not working as well since the water was no longer clear as someone remarked. I wonder if that happened immediately after Jacob died somehow?

The others in the temple were still just the Others. The waitress from the plane got taken and was with them, as were the kids that were taken from the tail people on the first night. I assume the rest in the temple were just Others we hadn't seen yet. Though, the translator looked very familiar for some reason.

I knew right from the start that Locke was BSing Boone on the plane, and wasn't surprised to see him in a wheelchair after that, though Hurley's "I'm the luckiest guy on earth" thing threw me off a little.

But yeah, as I alluded to in my earlier post, a great premiere that somehow still manages to bring up more questions at this late point. Can't wait until next week's.

Oh, and one last thing, I remember someone here predicting that the island is Atlantis a few seasons ago, when they showed the sunken island that definitely seemed like a huge possibility. And they did the whole thing that this 'Locke' is the smoke monster which seemed a little predictable after the very end of last season, but other than that, I had no idea what was coming at all.

Matt_Vaudrin

Stunt Coordinator
The people in the temple are the others as well. Back in season 4, when the merc team was after Ben. He gave Alex and Karl a map to the temple says the rest of their people are there.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Enjoyed the premiere. Not sure how I feel about the whole "parallel reality" thing, but I'm willing to see it play out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks