What's new

Lost: Season Four (1 Viewer)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
As long as your TV has a QAM filter, depending on the cable system, you might be able to get the network HD signals for no additional charge anyway.

Neil

KurtEP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kurt

My TV's one of the early HD ready types. No problems with my Blu Ray and HD DVD, but no built in converter, or whatever you need for over the air signals. I'll probably just suffer without for the next year.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Are you sure about that? ABC's media information site is still showing Lost at 9 and the premiere of Eli Stone at 10:02.

ETA: There's a Lost clip show at 8, before the season premiere. Did you think the premiere was starting at 8?

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Just saw a preview for season four. Very cool to see Jeremy Davies on there.
Don't know if that'd be considered a spoiler in any way, but hey, I play it safe. :D

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
You're right. The ABC website says there's a '2 Hour Premiere Event' and I didn't even think of a clip show (or I thought a clip show might have been on January 24). I was wondering why they would use two episodes when the strike has already limited the number of episodes they have.

Sorry for the false alarm, folks! :)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Wolfed down Season 3 boxset in three days. Good to go for Season 4.

Man, Season 3 really rocked watching in marathon mode. Gets my vote as the best season so far.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Lou, it's funny you say that because I remember a lot of us complaining at the beginning of the season about the slow pace. :)

It did get much, much better towards the end though.

It's a shame that season 4 will be so short.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
just wondering - it's been a while since watching S3 - but did they ever explain ~WHY~ the Others needed specifically Jack, Sawyer and Kate as prisoners? i know they needed Jack because Henry needed the operation, but why the other 2? was it simply because they needed them to manipulate Jack?

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
Since it was announced that we are getting 3 more 16 episode seasons of Lost, I wonder what will happen with the rest of this season if the writer's strike isn't settled? Perhaps they'll make next season a 24 episode season and bring it back in the fall and not next winter.

After the seaon 3 finale, I'm really looking forward to seeing where the show is headed. Lost has been one of the few shows that has caught my attention from the very start and has never become the least bit boring for me. While I see a lot of complaints about the slow pacing the show has, I'm just enjoying going along for the ride they are taking us on.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
That would make sense, and I hope that's what they do.

But I wouldn't put it past ABC to use this shortened season to stretch the show out to 4 more seasons - 8 episodes, 16, 16, 8 - instead of 3. They were already planning on stretching 2 seasons worth of episodes (48) out to 3, so why not get an extra season out of it? Milk the show for all it's worth.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
It wouldn't bother me if they made it 4 seasons of 8, 16, 16, 8 if they can't come back and complete the back end 8 for this season. I'm not really looking forward to next season being 24 episode is they only do 8 this season. One of the reasons they decided on 16-episode seasons is they have a really difficult time getting everything done with a high level of quality in a 24-episode season.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
They could also do two seasons of 20 episodes. Or they could condense some things, drop 4 episodes and just have two seasons of 18 episodes. Or one season of 21 episodes and the last season with 19 episodes. :)

Obviously, it's way too early for anyone to know what's going to happen though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks