What's new

LOST season 2 discussion thread...... (1 Viewer)

John*D

Second Unit
I too thought the beginning was a flashback of a young (less muscular) Sawyer. . Of course when the explosion hit, I almost pooped myself! I was like OMG someone is living down there...

What is the name of that song and who sings it?

I still want to find out why Sarah and Jack didn't stay married? Does she/he leave him/her or does she die, etc?

The fact that Desmond is on the Island is freaky. Desmond's washer/dryer looked like those new Kenmore Elite's where the front is beveled out.

I hope Saywer, Micheal, and Jin are alive! Poor Walt, I hope he's safe! :frowning:

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Awesome opening. I was thinking it was a flashback of one of the guys, and then *boom*. :D Great way to start us off, of course it would have been one helluva cliffhanger for season 1. Not showing the entire episode, but just that first scene. But I'm not complaining.

One thing I noticed was that he had a bunch of old tech down there, the computer, the reel to reel drives, yet he had a model of washer and dryer that is from the past couple years. *edit* Looks like John D noticed the same thing I did. :D

Still is the best show on television and I can't wait to see where this season goes. :emoji_thumbsup:

RyanAn

Screenwriter

I copied and pasted from a spoiler on Aint it Cool News :

"Then some music starts to play, it's the chorus to Cass Eliot's (Mama of the Mamas & Papas) Make your own Kind of Music. Lyrics are here for those who want to assign meaning: http://www.casselliot.com/lyrics.htm. It's very retro, very 70's, very out of place. Take a listen at Amazon and youll see."

-

Why'll it may becoming predictable for the numbers to be repeated, it is like having a real live easter egg in a show that only the best can find. :)

Ryan

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
More "nitpicky" findings in Desmond's hovel...

On a table, there is a board game covered in the "beads" that Jack finds in the little bags on the corpses in the cave during the first season...

It is possible that the corpses in the caves were with Desmond at one point in time...were out on the island...and then were killed by something...

Same for the French woman. Had she been outside the hatch when it was locked? Had she been a part of what was going on "underground."

At first, I thought the person living underground might be a relic of the cold war, but as I watched, the place looked pretty modern. The washer and dryer were what changed my mind as I viewed it.

The song played is by Mama Cass

MAKE YOUR OWN KIND OF MUSIC
(Barry Mann / Cynthia Weil)
Mama Cass Elliot

Nobody can tell ya
There's only one song worth singing
They may try and sell ya
Cause it hangs them up to see someone like you

But you've gotta make your own kind of music
Sing your own special song
Make your own kind of music
Even if nobody else sings along

You're gonna be nowhere
The loneliest kind of lonely
It may be rough going
Just to do your thing's the hardest thing to do

But you've gotta make your own kind of music

So if you cannot take my hand
And if you must be going
I will understand

You've gotta make your own kind of music

You've gotta make your own kind of music

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
I too thought it was Sawyer at the beginning. My wife said 'what the hell is this'? :)

The guy was sleeping in the top bunk of a bunkbed; the bottom bunk looked like it might be see use, with books and such. Also several jumpsuits hanging in the closet.

Was that computer prompt legit? It looked like a sideways mean face. :)

What's up with the windows that look to have natural light shining through? Simply designed to appear real so mole guy doesn't go insane?

The sleeve of the album he pulled out to play had a white label with something handwritten on it, radio station? Government issue?

Bizarro that the only contemporary stuff is a washer and dryer.

After we first met him in the flashback I thought he was an angel.

As mentioned, 'Quarantine' made no sense.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Another connection was revealed in the flashback. The gentleman who was hit by Jack's future bride was none other than Mr. Rutherford, as in Shannon Rutherford, as in her father?

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Regarding nanotechnology, has anyone read Michael Crichton's Prey? That's what came to mind when I read it here and reference to "black smoke."

But it is wild trying to connect that concept with any supernatural concept.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Most interesting line was from Desmond to Jack in the flashback in the stadium:

'See you in another life.'

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor
So, quarantine was on the other side of the door so was he quarantined from the island? So is there some sickness or disease on the island?

Bill Fletcher

Stunt Coordinator
Haven't read last year's thread so maybe this has been suggested, but is it possible that they are all in an insane asylum involved in some sort of experimental group therapy/medical procedure? They all seem to have reasons to be -

Hurley has already said he was there.
Kate caused her childhood boyfriend's death.
Maybe Jack actually screwed up the girl's surgery to cause her to be paralyzed.
Locke was paralyzed ... etc

Bill

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I was also surprised by the opening. It had a guy opening his eye again, just like Jack in the pilot and then goes off from there.

As far as the complaint of not seeing what happened to the folks on the raft, I think they wanted to keep us as in the dark as the folks in the island, especially with the mysterious Walt image. Next episode we'll find out what's up. I don't mind waiting.

Neil

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member

Myself, I think the writers are starting to have fun with the people now, tossing in things that will get the boards ablaze with theories. But I hope they don't get too "into" things, like Patrick wrote about the numbers, where it will all come crashing in on itself.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I read on other boards that Rutherford was pronounced dead at 8:15, gee, I think I'm getting numbed by the numbers.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Not good enough to keep me watching next week: Ten minutes of story padded out to forty, heavy-handed "foreshadowing", characters acting in stupid and arbitrary manners, and more Mystical Walt Crap.

I think my main problem with this show is that its world-building is quite frankly awful. The intent doesn't seem to be to build an internally-consistent setting, but just to insert things that give the appearance of a big, complex mystery. The Magic Numbers show up again and again, and they succeed in getting people to go "ooh, this is important!", but there's never any sort of hint to why or how it's important.

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
I was really happy with this first episode. I wasn't very vocal about it but I was one of "those" people that was feeling a little let down by the show at the end of last season. I am feeling optimistic after this show and am looking forward to the coming weeks. I also liked the fact that we did not see the raft or find out any information about it.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I'm curious if anyone knows if ABC plans to repeat episodes on the weekend as they did last year. I'd like to re-see the premiere.

This premiere sort of felt like the Alias episode where Syd and Vaughn take down SD-6 and sort of re-sets the show. With the discovery of the underground 'whatever you want to call it', it certainly will change things. I guess JJ Abrams likes to do this.

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
I was watching it at a friends house last night, and after Desmond showed up in the hatch, he wondered if Desmond had been in the tail section. I said I didn't think so because how would he have gotten in the hatch if it'd been locked.
But thinking back on it a little more now, I wonder if maybe the Danielle did help him in there.

It's either that or Desmond has the ability of mental projection.

How do we know that it was Mr. Rutherford? I didn't catch a name for the guy.

I remember in the Destination Lost thing they brought back up the quote of "A few hours ago most of us were strangers..." I think we're now starting to find out that they are not all strangers, maybe formally but they have some sort of connection to each other.

I can't wait for next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks