What's new

LOST season 2 discussion thread...... (1 Viewer)

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Okay, that is possible. But don't forget, Rousseau has never been down any of the hatches, as far as we know has no reason to know about the illness that Ethan was telling Claire about, but yet came up with the same story? I would be inclined to think there is an illness, and they either lied to Kelvin to Kelvin lied to Desmond as part of their behavioural experiment.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

I agree with what you're saying, but she did go down into the medical hatch with Claire and Kate. Of course, this was well after she talked about the illness.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
maybe the vaccine is something that makes you immune to smokie (as in it can't read you mind)? or immune to the whatever causes the visions/dreams? or maybe sometimes the whispers turn to shouting, which causes maddness, and the vaccine makes you immune to that.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
I don't think so. It led Sayid into Rousseau's trap but I don't think it was part of the trap. That's a pretty elaborate trap for one person to lay.

JoshRas

Stunt Coordinator
Oh yeah, there is another mystery, the whispers. The one in the finale was followed by the attack of the others so there could be probable cause that the Others are producing them. But who knows? Does anyone know if there has been any logic to the times they have come or have they been pretty random?

EricW

Senior HTF Member
or maybe they were trying to warn them? i think the whispers could be the ghosts of the island's ancient inhabitants.

JoshRas

Stunt Coordinator

Very interesting, never thought of that. That very well could get tied in with the 4 toe statue in an episode down the line. I watched part of the episode that aired tonight. The season premiere...so much of it seemed fresh, like I didnt really remember every detail like I thought I would. Even though I had seen it, still lots of tension and drama. The scene with Jack and his soon to be wife in the hospital bed and she wiggles her toes, gave me goosebumps. Pretty cool how they bookended the season with Desmond, nice touch

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member
Me: I think the whispers are used by the Others to disorient their prey (victims).

"Henry Gale" proved that they are well versed in psychological warfare.

No doubt Season 3 (which is supposed to be Others oriented) will show just how they do it.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
so did i. there's a scene where Kate tells Jack she's going down the hatch with Locke, since he's going to need help and he's going to go down no matter what. and she adds 'live together, die alone, right?' (this line is the title of the finale and also spoken by Jack in it)

also cool about the 2nd season premiere: when we watch Desmond quizzing Locke, Desmond says 'so the world is still out there?' he obviously has his doubts after the mini-incident with Kelvin.

just brainstorming - what if the Others are interested in certain Losties because they may be decendents of a special person - perhaps an inhabitant of the island that left it a long, long time ago. yeah it's a reach, as the Losties are from all around the world. who knows.

Arild

Supporting Actor
Of course, that line goes back much further than that. I think it was originally from 'White Rabbit' in season 1... :)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I am going with the theory that they are all in a catonic state (Like from Harsh Realm or Matrix). And the voices are people in real life talking around their real bodies. ;)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member

By the way, in one of the podcasts earlier this season [#5 from Jan 9 in answering the question about not seeing any birds at about 22 min] they referred back to the "Hurley bird" in the first season finale and Carlton even makes the "hurley" sound. I think this time around they made sure that it really sounded like "hurley."

Neil

Jassen M. West

Supporting Actor
"also cool about the 2nd season premiere: when we watch Desmond quizzing Locke, Desmond says 'so the world is still out there?' he obviously has his doubts after the mini-incident with Kelvin."

Would this have to do with Kelvin or the fact that Desmond had just let the counter get to zero about a month before Locke blasted his way down there?

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I didn't hear the bird calling Hurleys name, and I replayed. Hopefully it's still on TiVo so I can double check.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I didnt hear it either. Maybe it was only on the HD feed. LOL That would really be a good way of playing with the viewers. Get them arguing over over something that was on some peoples version and not on others.

They wouldnt do that to us would they? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks