What's new

Lost DVD news! (1 Viewer)

John Simon

Second Unit
TV Guide's "Ask Ausiello" feature included the following Q&A:

While I'm sure the SRP is not final, the rest of that news is fantastic. I love the show and purchasing it was a no-brainer, but these features make me anticipate it even more. :emoji_thumbsup:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
That's great! I really hope they make that mini-movie (a la 24: Season Three).

If I was a betting man, I'd say that the price will be about $60 or $70 MSRP but most stores will cut the price pretty heavily to around $40 or $50.

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
it's just me but i'm disappointed that the tv on dvd thing is making show creators shoot extra footage relating to plotlines and then only showing them on the dvd

I personally don't watch anything more than once and I'm certainly not paying 40+ for a single mini movie..With all the repeats they have, they can squeeze in another episode containing this footage.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure whatever they put together won't be neccesary to the viewer's understanding of the show. It'll just be a little bonus for the people that bought the set.

Like the 24 prequel you saw events after Season Three Jack get fired, Tomas sneak into the U.S., and Jack get 'busy' with Audrey.
but if you didn't see the prequel you didn't miss out.

Beau

Supporting Actor
I've only seen the first few episodes and loved them, but I don't watch much network tv, so kept forgetting to watch it. After I missed a few more episodes, I decided to wait for the DVD so I can watch them chonologically without having to try to remember catching it on tv.

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
I think Lost is probably along with Desperate Housewives among the best shows currently on TV. Now that I've said that I have to say that it is becoming almost impossible to watch either show because of the constant commercial interruptions. I am so close to not watching anything on television and only watching the shows on DVD. There is so little show left now; it is simply ridiculous. It use to be hard to find time to use the bathroom on a commercial break. Now you can use the bathroom, make yourself a sandwich, feed the dog, and change the kitty litter all in one commercial break. By the time the show is back, I have totally lost track of what is going on. It infuriates me. It's no wonder that network viewership is not what it once was. Thank God for TV on DVD.

Anthony Clifton

Stunt Coordinator

I agree. I look forward to Lost every week but have no desire to rewatch any of the episodes. It just isn't that type of show for me.

Guess I'll have to wait for the 'mini movie' to hit the usual torrent sites. Oh well...

Dave>h

Second Unit
Since I have completely given up on cable television, I eagerly anticipate the release of this DVD. I have heard lots of great things about this show and look forward to seeing what all the fuss is about.

Desperate housewives, I am not so sure about, but I could watch Terry Hatcher recite from a phone book. :D

Dave

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I don't like commercials either BUT to not see the show for months (or years in some cases) because of commercials is not even remotely worth it to me. It would be nearly guaranteed that I'd hear about major plot twists no matter how hard I tried to not hear about them. I wouldn't be able to discuss a show with friends. For me, it would be like cutting off your nose to spite my face.

And keep in mind SOME commercial breaks are almost designed to be mini-cliffhangers. You're supposed to say "Holy crap! I can't wait to see what happens next!" That cliffhanger aspect is gone on DVD. Admittedly when I watch a TV DVD, I don't pause it at the commercial break to recreate the 'cliffhanger' feel. :)

There are two different ways to experience a serialized show (like Lost or 24) now. You can see them when they are aired and see the show slowly unfold or you can watch the DVD and see it back to back. I will always choose to watch them when they air (commercials or no).

BradD

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brad
The only problem for me is that I'm spoiled by watching LOST in HD. The DVD will be a step backwards except for the bonus materials.

AnnaMaria

Stunt Coordinator
For me it isn't the commercials that bother me.

It's the weeks at a time when the show isn't new.

Both Lost and Desperate Housewives have done that to me. They hook me and then suddenly they're not on for a couple of weeks, then they'll show a rerun, then take a break, and then there's a new show and I can't remember where they left off and then it's another break.

Commercials I can deal with, but this continuity problem drives me nuts.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Maybe ABC should find a happy medium. Don't start in January (although it has been great for 24) or September (too early), maybe start the next season in late October or early November. That way there will be a few weeks of reruns but not 5 in a row and we won't have to wait forever for the season to start up either.

Brad, I watch Lost in HD too and was thinking the same thing about the PQ dropping down a notch. I'm sure the DVDs will still look great just not HD great:)

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
there's always gonna be long stretches of reruns unless they do what Alias and 24 are doing....it's called the dead space after sweeps month....and really, isn't the few weeks off over the Christmas holidays actually nice because you're usually busier and can't always sit down to catch the latest ep?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
TV Shows On DVD has a story saying that the set is coming on September 7 for $59.95.

According to the story, the extras include: five hours of bonus material, including the original pilot, behind-the-scenes footage of the making of the show; audio commentaries, a blooper reel, roundtable discussions with cast and crew, and a Matthew Fox photography featurette.

Hoorah!:)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I love how fast the studios are starting to pump these things out. Season 1 of LOST is due in Sept, and we already have been given the cover art.

www.tvshowsondvd.com has it right now. I love the design. Hopefully Buena Vista will keep consistancy with future seasons, unlike the route they went with ALIAS...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks