What's new

Losing Isolated Scores on SEs (1 Viewer)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
It's actually quite an incredible hidden feature (probably a mistake by Universal; it was announced but not listed or properly presented on the DVD).
I doubt it was a mistake but if so then they did it three times in the same year as Universal's Apollo 13 & in a slightly different form The Thing also feature this.

Of topic.....a few in my collection I just thought about: Goodtimes older release of Halloween II has a very simular "score over menu" feature, The Matrix, Blade & Pee Wee's Big Adventure all feature an isolated score with composer commentary (Pee Wee being in 5.0), Criterion's release's of Spartacus & Straw Dogs have some nice isolated tracks (Spartacus being alternate tracks & Dogs being a music and effects track), Superman has not only an isolated score in 5.0 but has many alternate tracks in 5.0.
And now that I think about it Ennio Morricone's score for Dario Argento's The Bird With The Crystal Plumage is also available on the older DVD release, it is listenable in it's entirety on a separate menu.

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
For those who are interested in isolated scores, there is a complete list of more than 125 DVDs that have them at Soundtrack.net.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Gee, sorry for going off topic Randy but where is this feature at Soundtrack.net? I can't seem to find it anywhere at that site.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Oh never mind, I found it....but it isn't as "complete" as you say since it doesn't list Halloween II. :D

EnricoE

Supporting Actor
Also, there is a general fear of including isolated scores at all, due to the frequency that bootleg score albums are sourced from the isolated score tracks, and the composers themselves lose soundtrack revenues.
please don't get this in the wrong way but sometimes bootleg soundtracks are the only way to get the soundtrack at all. example is the predator soundtrack which is not released. i've searched for many years to get my hands on an original copy but so far no luck. well there are bootlegs floating around the net as mp3 but it's not the same as a nice cd. it's big shame that alan silvestry didn't and as seams will not release his score :angry:

Matt_P

Second Unit
Kevin,

http://www.soundtrack.net/dvd/

There are also links at the top of the page to a listing of trailer and logo music. This site is indispensible when one wants to answer "what music was that?"--a question that frequently pops up when one sees new trailers.

Enjoy.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
please don't get this in the wrong way but sometimes bootleg soundtracks are the only way to get the soundtrack at all. example is the predator soundtrack which is not released. i've searched for many years to get my hands on an original copy but so far no luck. well there are bootlegs floating around the net as mp3 but it's not the same as a nice cd. it's big shame that alan silvestry didn't and as seams will not release his score
Enrico:

PREDATOR was released on legitimate CD this past summer. It is available here:Predator CD at Varese Sarabonde

EnricoE

Supporting Actor
thanks peter :) i've juster ordered it even 27 dollars (incl. international shipping) is a bit much ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks