1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Lord of the Rings extended DVD

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RyanCorkum, Jun 4, 2002.

1. Michael Eriksen

Michael Eriksen Well-Known Member

It seems all the most special discs always are the ones who lack subtitles. Pearl Harbour and other vista series, infinifilms, anchorbay, artisan.....Dosent seem right.

I dont think there are subtitles on the extended FOTR version since its listed nowhere I´ve seen. On the other hand its listed as a feature on the normal version everywhere.

I just cancelled my Rambo trilogi order, and the lack of subtitles was the deciding factor on that decision. I gotta have FOTR 5-disc version regardless, I just would enjoy it so much more with the subtitles.

Michael

2. Kenneth Vestergaard

Kenneth Vestergaard Well-Known Member

True.

The FOTR 4-disc set is however not part of New Line's infinifilm series, it's part of their Platinum Series. As far as I know, most if not all Platinum Series titles have subtitles so there should be a decent chance this title would have it as well.

3. David Lambert

David Lambert Well-Known Member

Close-Captions are confirmed for the FotR extended cut 4-disc/5-disc set. Is that what you guys mean by subtitles?

4. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Well-Known Member

This is kind of funny...I was at Best Buy with a friend a couple days ago, and we were discussing LotR. We began to move on from the DVD section, and a "blue shirt" came running after us and frantically asked "You guys do know about the November Extended Release of the film right??!!" We replied, "of course...because not only are we fanboys, we're also DVD geeks too." He said that he's been going up to everyone this week, because so many people only know about the August release. Just thought that was interesting.

5. Ray H

Ray H Well-Known Member

Ray

6. Dan Hitchman

Dan Hitchman Well-Known Member

GregK:
    I have a strong feeling that this DC will be DTS-ES Discrete 6.1 encoded given New Line's track record so far when they've gone out of their way in the past to advertise DTS-ES 6.1 and DD EX 5.1 in the official specs.
    Look at New Line's Blade II Platinum Edition: that is also DTS-ES Discrete 6.1 encoded and even shows it on the back cover of the DVD.
    Way to go New Line!! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Dan

7. Nathan V

Nathan V Well-Known Member

I have not read through the entire thread, so I apologize in advance, but I have a very worrisome thought: the dvd's of the next two installments are not going to have very many features. what would they include? after this november's release, we will already know everything about how the movie's are made (costumes, etc). The only real, non-redundant new extra would be Jackson's commentary and maybe some special effects deconstructions. What does everyone think of this idea?

8. Kami

Kami Well-Known Member

Nathan,

I'm sure they will be very careful not to show behind the scenes images from the next films because they would be big spoilers. They filmed something like 800 hours of behind the scenes footage, and that was just the filming part...who knows how much more they have filmed while WETA has been hard at work on post-production. There will be plenty of stuff to go around for all the releases.