What's new

Lord of the Rings extended DVD (2 Viewers)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Regards to the singing - no problem there for me. Humming a little ditty while sharpening one's blade is a great way to unwind before going into battle!

Kami

Screenwriter
The great mighty king-to-be Aragorn who slaughters dozens of orts and Uruk Hai does not sing . I refuse to imagine that or accept that . I skipped all the singing in the books. Just seem out of place in this day and age movie going experience. Now, if he does poetry , that's fine.
We're not talking Moulin Rouge singing here people...did you guys really imagine that type of singing as you read the books?!? I always thought of those things as more like a poem, just gently sung. Look at Bilbo singing as he leaves hobbiton...what's wrong with that??

I'm surprised you people have so little faith in PJ...you really think he'd make it look cheesy?

Just kidding.

I once saw on CNN a behind the scenes thing that had all the hobbits dancing and singing and it was quite nice, not embarassing or cheesey.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Hmmm! A single keepcase that hold 4 DVD's? I'll be picking it up along witht he Aug release.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
I skipped all the singing in the books. Just seem out of place in this day and age movie going experience.
[ sarchasm ] spoken like a true Tolkien fan. [/ sarchasm ]

Tolkien was writing about middle earth. I hardly think that a few decades since the book was authored suddenly render his notions about legendary antiquity moot or irrelevant.

-dave

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
The commentaries will include almost the entire major cast, including McKellan and Christopher Lee; Cate Blanchett was alas unavailable. From a highly placed source (shhh)

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
When I think of guys in armor singing, this is what comes to mind...

ARTHUR: Camelot!

GALAHAD: Camelot!

LAUNCELOT: Camelot!

PATSY: It's only a model.

ARTHUR: Shhh! Knights, I bid you welcome to your new home. Let us ride... to Camelot.

[cut to knights singing]
We're knights of the round table
We dance when e'er we're able
We do routines and chorus scenes
With footwork impecc-Able.
We dine well here in Camelot
We eat ham and jam and spam a lot
[dancing]
We're knights of the Round Table
Our shows are for-mid-able
But many times, we're given rhymes
That are quite unsing-able
We're opera mad in Camelot
We sing from the diaphragm a lot
[tap-dancing]
Oh we're tough and able
Quite indefatigable
Between our quests we sequin vests
And impersonate Clark Gable
It's a busy life in Camelot
I have to push the pram a lot.

ARTHUR: Well, on second thought, let's not go to Camelot -- it is a silly place. Right.

Yeah something like that guys.

But it was fun to watch and not cheesey, it wasn´t like a Smurfs song or the Yub-Nub.

But it was close to a Ewok dance, but it wasnt cheesey.

Anthony Thorne

Supporting Actor
On that note, the recent SCARS OF DRACULA DVD from Anchor Bay has a couple of hilarious music videos featuring Christopher Lee and another guy singing (quite charmingly) peppy love songs in a modern nightclub. I can see Saruman grabbing the mic right now...

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Hmmm! A single keepcase that hold 4 DVD's?
If not that, probably a cardboard Fight Club style case with the same worn look to it the book design has.

The actual book sized box for it in Nov is basically going to outsize pretty much every kind of box we have on our shelves really from what I can gather. It's big, and its rather heavy according to those who saw early versions of it at the DVD press launch at Warner a few months ago.

People may welcome the standard size of a cardboard case more for the 4 disc next year when they'd start appearing... 2 disc August and 5 disc November for me, I am dedicating a shelf to the trilogy DVD releases.

Dan

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
The commentaries will include almost the entire major cast, including McKellan and Christopher Lee; Cate Blanchett was alas unavailable. From a highly placed source (shhh)
If true, that'd be great news. Especially Lee, knowing how big of a fan of the books he is. I just hope atleast some are in the same room so they'd have the oppurtunity to play off one another.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
DVD Empire had the extended version priced at $31.99 and the collectors set at $63.94 but they have lowered the prices to $29.99 and $59.94 respectively. That matches Amazon's prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks