What's new

Lord of the Rings-12 disc set. Where did it go? (1 Viewer)

Larry Hoffman

Stunt Coordinator
I was given almost $100.00 of Blockbuster gift certificates in December, for my birthday and went to my local blockbuster (north-east Toronto area)to buy the 12 disc set of LOTR. I figured it had come out for Christmas and I might have to wait for it to come back in to stock.
Well, I'm still waiting. They tell me its on order but has not come in yet.
Does anyone know why this set is so hard to get?
Is this a problem at Blockbuster or is it no where to be found?
I did a search of the forum and can't find any mention of this.

Larry.

MattHR

Screenwriter

Just buy the individual EE's, then mail in the form (inside "ROTK") to get the "free" slipcase for the set. I don't believe too many retailers will stock the set much longer, since most fans bought each EE as they were released individually. There probably aren't too many potential consumers left to buy the whole collection at once, which is why New Line offered the slipcase mail-in offer for previous buyers.

The EE set will probably end up being a "gift" set popular only around the holiday season.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I haven't had any trouble locating it in my area.

I stopped purchasing the Extended Editions after Fellowship because I was expecting something like this to be announced and just last week I finally traded that Extended Edition with a member of this forum and purchased the E.E. Trilogy Set last Friday. I must've seen at least 10 copies on shelf at every single retailer I've been to in the past 2 weeks and this is a major blockbuster franchise so I can imagine how many must've sold within the first few days that it hit streets.

Not sure why you're having so much difficulty finding it..?

Larry Hoffman

Stunt Coordinator
They told me that the set was on order and it will come in when it's available. I'll either buy the 3 sets individually or call a few Blockbusters and see if one of them has it.
Thanks to you all for your help.
Larry

Casey C.

Stunt Coordinator
My local Target had the EE boxed set on the shelf today for $89.99 (which really is no savings over the individial sets, which were priced at $29.99 each).

Bernhard

Stunt Coordinator
I am even more wondering about what happened to the 9 CD Soundtrack-set they've announced...

Devin_C

Stunt Coordinator
ooooo....
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
good question. Maybe they were waiting to note the Grammy awards for Shore's RotK work. :)

Marc Bax

Second Unit

Although the site claims they don't allow check card orders the arrival of my slipcase today proves that they will work fine. I used a Visa check card for the purchase.

Larry Hoffman

Stunt Coordinator
Since a few of you mentioned you had seen the set in stores recently, I thought I'd make a few calls to the Blockbusters in my area. Well the first one i called had one of the sets in stock and I picked it up Sunday.

I guess I should have called around first.
Thanks again for your advise.
Larry

Dan Szwarc

Stunt Coordinator
I want this 9-CD soundtrack set. This is what I could find on the net from here:

Does anyone have any more specific info? We wanttsss it!

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip

That's nothing. I saw the full set at Target a couple months back for $100, with the three individual EEs for $30 each, or less. I couldn't believe that they'd be able to sell anything....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks