What's new

Looping USB video? (1 Viewer)

cwoodruffcoates

Auditioning
Real Name
charles w coates
Hello everyone. I'm a graduate student at the University of Arizona School of Art, and looking into buying some 26 - 32 inch LED / LCD TVs for my thesis. My thesis involves looping video that must be seamless. In other words, you cannot tell when the video starts or ends. I am aware that TVs with built in DVD players can do this, however, I desire 1080 X 1920 quality, so I think I am going with a TV with a USB hookup. Does anyone know of a Flat screen TV that can loop video files on USB, or play long ( 8 hours ) video files from a USB drive? Thank you, I'm looking forward to responses! As soon as I am out of graduate school, I'm investing in a larger HD TV so I can once again return to film addiction. Cheers, Charles.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
That's kind of a humdinger! Might be easier to put a cheap PC or a Roku/Apple TV kind of device on loop than to hope the TV will do it itself.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Also, even with devices like that, I bet it is going to be very easy to see the seams. They take a bit to reset and restart in my previous experience.

charlesDean

Auditioning
Real Name
charles Dean
Hello, I would just pick up a samsung TV with USB, they will loop just fine and you can always add a computer later on, but no real point with what you are looking to do now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks