What's new

Looney Tunes Volume 2: Contents Announced (1 Viewer)

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
Here are some descriptions of the individual shorts (as well as how they will probably be arranged on the four discs):

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
Here are some descriptions of the individual shorts (as well as how they will probably be arranged on the four discs):

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Thanks for the descriptions! I'm really psyched for this release. Glad to see "What's Opera, Doc?" and "One Froggy Evening" included. Great mix of stuff and it definitely looks like they've saved a lot of stuff (Tazmanian Devil, etc.) for a third volume with the potential to be just as great.

Really excited to find out what extras will be included.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Thanks for the descriptions! I'm really psyched for this release. Glad to see "What's Opera, Doc?" and "One Froggy Evening" included. Great mix of stuff and it definitely looks like they've saved a lot of stuff (Tazmanian Devil, etc.) for a third volume with the potential to be just as great.

Really excited to find out what extras will be included.

Roger Rollins

Supporting Actor
A superb concucopia of Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies masterworks!

Since this information has been "leaked", and not officially announced, we have no idea as to what additional material WB has in the offing, but I'm certain it will be as top notch as the first go round.

Many critics and audiences thought that Golden Collection 1 was the best DVD of 2003. Already, even without knowing the extras, I can safely say this will be my favorite release of the year.

Of course, here, and moreso on other forums specifically dedicated to animation, there is a bit of carping, although generally, the reaction seems to be extreme excitement.

In assembling a compilation of this nature, there is no way to please everyone, but I think WB has done a terrific job in assembling a stellar group of titles.

Personally, I don't care for the Road Runner or Tweety, but I know they have a huge fan base, so I welcome their inclusion for their legion of admirers.

For me, just being able to see immaculate restorations of BOOK REVUE, LITTLE RED RIDING RABBIT, and I LOVE TO SINGA is enough to make me breathless with anticipation.

Meanwhile, let's look forward to the OFFICIAL announcement so we can see what other goodies those fine folks in Burbank have in store for us fans!

Roger Rollins

Supporting Actor
A superb concucopia of Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies masterworks!

Since this information has been "leaked", and not officially announced, we have no idea as to what additional material WB has in the offing, but I'm certain it will be as top notch as the first go round.

Many critics and audiences thought that Golden Collection 1 was the best DVD of 2003. Already, even without knowing the extras, I can safely say this will be my favorite release of the year.

Of course, here, and moreso on other forums specifically dedicated to animation, there is a bit of carping, although generally, the reaction seems to be extreme excitement.

In assembling a compilation of this nature, there is no way to please everyone, but I think WB has done a terrific job in assembling a stellar group of titles.

Personally, I don't care for the Road Runner or Tweety, but I know they have a huge fan base, so I welcome their inclusion for their legion of admirers.

For me, just being able to see immaculate restorations of BOOK REVUE, LITTLE RED RIDING RABBIT, and I LOVE TO SINGA is enough to make me breathless with anticipation.

Meanwhile, let's look forward to the OFFICIAL announcement so we can see what other goodies those fine folks in Burbank have in store for us fans!

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I am sure the confusion over whether this topic belongs in the TV software or theatrcial software section resides in the fact that while these were originally released theatrically, most of us remember these from television.

Still, just because I only ever saw The Wizard of Oz on television (remember when it was an annual event?) didn't mean TWoZ should be in the television software section.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I am sure the confusion over whether this topic belongs in the TV software or theatrcial software section resides in the fact that while these were originally released theatrically, most of us remember these from television.

Still, just because I only ever saw The Wizard of Oz on television (remember when it was an annual event?) didn't mean TWoZ should be in the television software section.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Looks good to me. I especially like all the Roadrunner/Wile E. Coyote stuff. Back when I worked at Six Flags AS a Looney Tune Wile E. was one of my best characters (Sylvester was the other), so I've definitely got a pretty big soft spot for him.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Looks good to me. I especially like all the Roadrunner/Wile E. Coyote stuff. Back when I worked at Six Flags AS a Looney Tune Wile E. was one of my best characters (Sylvester was the other), so I've definitely got a pretty big soft spot for him.

Matthew Anderson

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Anderson
Where are the rest of the Foghorn Leghorn shorts? The first batch has only two and I hope there are more than that. Foghorn is certainly my favorite Looney Tunes character but the Coyote and Road Runner are close second.:D

Matthew Anderson

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Anderson
Where are the rest of the Foghorn Leghorn shorts? The first batch has only two and I hope there are more than that. Foghorn is certainly my favorite Looney Tunes character but the Coyote and Road Runner are close second.:D

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member
That's weird.

The first and third Bugs vs. Cecil the turtle shorts but not the SECOND? :frowning:

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member
That's weird.

The first and third Bugs vs. Cecil the turtle shorts but not the SECOND? :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks