What's new

Looney Tunes Super Stars: Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote (1 Viewer)

Bono Vox

Auditioning
Real Name
Bono Vox
12 shorts + 3 flash webtoons:

1-Judge Granny Case (2001,flash webtoon,2:57)
2-Wild King Dumb (2001,flash webtoon,3:21)
3-Wile E. Coyote Ugly (2001,flash webtoon)
4-WHIZZARD OF OW (2003,Bret Haaland,7:00)
5-CHARIOTS OF FUR (1994,Chuck Jones,7:00)
6-LITTLE GO BEEP (2000,Spike Brandt,7:55)
7-FREEZE FRAME (1979,Chuck Jones,6:05)
8-SOUP OR SONIC (1980,Chuck Jones,9:10)
9-SUGAR AND SPIES (1966,Robert McKimson,6:20)
10-CLIPPERTY CLOBBERED (1966,Rudy Larriva,6:15)
11-THE SOLID TIN COYOTE (1966,Rudy Larriva,6:15)
12-OUT AND OUT ROUT (1966,Rudy Larriva,6:00)
13-SHOT AND BOTHERED (1966,Rudy Larriva,6:30)
14-CHASER ON THE ROCKS (1965,Rudy Larriva,6:45)
15-HIGHWAY RUNNERY (1965,Rudy Larriva,6:45)

-Wild King Dumb:
http://pdl.warnerbros.com/looneytunes/us/toons/toons_WildKingDumb.swf

-Wile E. Coyote Ugly:
http://pdl.warnerbros.com/looneytunes/uk/toons/LT3J_Wiley Coyote Ugly_WEB_UK.swf

http://pdl.warnerbros.com/looneytunes/uk/toons/LT3J_Wiley%20Coyote%20Ugly_WEB_UK.swf

Joe Tor1

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Torcivia
Originally Posted by Bono Vox

At least no one can complain about double-dipping! Still, I have a problem with webtoons, when there are so many legitimate Looney Tunes unreleased... and that INCLUDES Rudy Larriva.

Why not add a few "FRIENDS", as with the Foghorn Leghorn set -- rather than webtoons.

Said it before, but I'm glad to see the McKimson "Sugar and Spies".

Kevin L McCorry

Second Unit
Those Web 'toons have got to be the worst Looney Tunes-related material I've ever seen. Shame on Warners for packaging them with cartoons (however inferior those cartoons may be) directed by Chuck Jones. I sure wish Chuck were still alive today! A thing such as this may not have happened.

Bono Vox

Auditioning
Real Name
Bono Vox
from Wikipedia.org:
“On tvshowsondvd.com there is a goof. It is said that on the DVD there will be released three “NEW ROAD RUNNER 2010 SHORTS”, which would mean that the three 3-D Road Runner shorts would be released instead of the three web shorts (which were released on the Looney Tunes website in 2001)”

13-Coyote Falls* (2001/07-30-2010)
14-Fur of Flying* (2001/09-24-2010)
15-Rabid Rider* (2001/12-17-2010)

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
Typically, I watch a few shorts before I watch a movie... kind of old style movie house without the news reels. Sometimes I pop on a few for the heck of it. I also find the more obscure shorts to be often funnier and more adult than the more mainstream ones (like Bugs, Daffy, etc.)

Originally Posted by derosa

While I do remember and like the theme song for the BB/RR hour, as I recall, this show was nothing more than the theatrical release shorts cut and editted for the shows time and presentation. I would prefer these shorts uneditted and presented as originally shown. I am fortunate that in additon to the great DVDs WB released in the past (those GREAT six sets) I also possess the golden age LD box sets and the various LDs that were released in the 90s (not restored but they still look nice). However, if WB were to resume releassing these shorts as they did with the six sets, I would resume purchasing. As it stands now, I will not be purchasing this DVD or any other in the future based on the last few released.

Well, I just checked out your link there, Kevin, so you know this. It seems the only thing to get out of the show then is the theme song and the wrap arounds. While I might rent this for nostalgia sake, I would prefer the shorts presented uncut and original for purchase.

Question for you Gary... how have you watched the golden collection dvds?

Do you sit down and pick some specific shorts to watch, or just start a disc and play?

I'm curious, because I often find that watching shorts is not that interesting, unless

there is some format that makes it into a viewing experince like a "show".

Do you know what i mean?

[/QUOTE]

Joe*A

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe
Of the 1,005 classic Looney Tunes (Jul. 1929 - Sept. 20, 1969), only 6 in this latest collection are part of that run.

Question to you guys: I'm too lazy to look up my Golden Collection of Looney Tunes, but has "Adventures of the Road Runner (1962)" ever been released on DVD? I know it was later split into three separate shorts but has the film in its entirety been released?

Kevin L McCorry

Second Unit
The word now is there aren't Web 'toons on the disc but 3 new 2010 cartoons done in 3-D CGI. I guess that's an improvement. And now, we're told there are two additional Larriva Road Runners ("Hairied and Hurried" and "Boulder Wham!") on the disc instead of the 2 made-for-TV-specials cartoons directed by Jones ("Freeze Frame" and "Soup or Sonic"). It's debatable, I suppose, whether that's an improvement too. I'd prefer the Larriva Road Runners over any of the stuff that came later. Why don't they just lose the other latter-day, post-1969 cartoons and have all of the Larriva Road Runners on the disc plus "Sugar and Spies" and the 2010 cartoons?

Adel Khan

Auditioning
Real Name
Adel Khan
First time poster and look forward to contributing my thoughts here.

I am glad after a long hiatus the post-48 shorts are being included on the Superstar line.

While it’s a slight improvement over the original contents, the inclusion of the other recent Roadrunner shorts is still jarring. My exposure to the Roadrunner shorts was when Teletoon would air “THE ROAD RUNNER SHOW”. Before reading Kevin’s excellent article about “THE ROAD RUNNER SHOW”. Kevin, I was wondering if you received my email. I could not detect the difference between one directed by Jones, Larriva, or McKimson. Larivva’ and McKimson’s shorts feature neat concepts, but nonetheless are very interesting to this day. Joe Torcivia, I also look forward to the release of “ SUGAR AND SPIES” due to the clever gags. Bill Lava’s score is very reminiscent to THE INSPECTOR series, for which he scored earlier.

Regarding the budget that Warner Home Video allots for remastering the Looney Tunes.

The second and third discs of "The Looney Tunes Golden Collection" Volume 2, included Road Runner and Tweety cartoons, which were specifically remastered for the overseas market. Why doesn’t Warner Home Video include shorts restored for the overseas market apart of the Superstar collection? This would be a mutual solution for Warner’s without resorting to double dipping, which would please fans. It is very unfortunate that pre- 1953 shorts cannot be remastered and included in the Superstar line-up. There many Saturday Morning favorites that most people will miss: "HOT CROSS BUNNY", "MOUSE MAZURKA", "A FRACTURED LEGHORN", "POP I'M POP', "THE CRACKED QUACK" and "LITTLE BEAU PEPE". Joe Torcivia, as you mentioned on your T.I.A. H. blog, it is hard to believe that once Warner Home Video was great with their Looney Tunes and Hanna Barbera releases.

Adel Khan

Auditioning
Real Name
Adel Khan
First time poster and look forward to contributing my thoughts here.

I am glad after a long hiatus the post-48 shorts are being included on the Superstar line.

While it’s a slight improvement over the original contents, the inclusion of the other recent Roadrunner shorts is still jarring. My exposure to the Roadrunner shorts was when Teletoon would air “THE ROAD RUNNER SHOW”. Before reading Kevin’s excellent article about “THE ROAD RUNNER SHOW”. I could not detect the difference between one directed by Jones, Larriva, or McKimson. Larivva’ and McKimson’s shorts feature neat concepts, but nonetheless are very interesting to this day. Joe Torcivia, I also look forward to the release of “ SUGAR AND SPIES” due to the clever gags. Bill Lava’s score is very reminiscent to THE INSPECTOR series, for which he provided a year earlier.

Regarding the budget that Warner Home Video allots for remastering the Looney Tunes.

The second and third discs of "The Looney Tunes Golden Collection" Volume 2, included Road Runner and Tweety cartoons, which were specifically remastered for the overseas market.

Why doesn’t Warner Home Video include shorts restored for the overseas market apart of the Superstar collection? This would be a mutual solution for Warner’s without resorting to double dipping, which would please fans. It is very unfortunate that pre- 1953 shorts cannot be remastered and included in the Superstar line-up. There many Saturday Morning favorites that most people will miss: "HOT CROSS BUNNY", "MOUSE MAZURKA", "A FRACTURED LEGHORN", "POP I'M POP', "THE CRACKED QUACK" and "LITTLE BEAU PEPE". Joe Torcivia, as you mentioned on your T.I.A. H. blog, it is hard to believe that once Warner Home Video was great with their Looney Tunes and Hanna Barbera releases.

Joe Tor1

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Torcivia
Adel:

Thanks for visiting my Blog. Yes, I still can't believe how far Warner has fallen as a producer of entertainment on DVD!

Even the older Humphrey Bogart films got the supreme treatment -- loading them up with shorts, cartoons, newsreels, trailers that would have appeared with them -- and commentaries and "making-of" features.

They really seemed to know what we wanted... then they suddenly didn't care anymore. Looney Tunes Superstars confirms this beyond all doubts.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I used to preorder the Golden Collections. But after the cut cartoons on the first two Superstars releases, I am not even buying any more.

Whatever has changed at WB regarding Looney Tunes is not a change for the better. I am hoping a future release will come along at some point that will actually be aimed at those that were buying the Golden Collections.

Kevin L McCorry

Second Unit
Strangely, the product listing for this at Amazon is no longer posting a release date, and it can't be found by Amazon's search engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks