1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking to replace a 65" CRT

Discussion in 'Displays' started by jwd12, May 31, 2012.

1. jwd12

jwd12 Member

Time to upgrade, I think. Have an old Toshiba HD TV (1999). It does not have 3D and more importantly it does not have HDMI connections. Right now I'm thinking the new Panasonic VT50. I watch HDTV using an antenna but have a Dish System. I also steam video using Netflix and Roku .I have many many DVD's and enjoy re watching them. I will have to get a 3d player to replace the current Sony and maybe replace my Outlaw receiver to permit HDMI switching. I have not paid to much attention to the equipment side of my home theater for a few years but it is time to get back into it. Thanks for your thoughts

2. Eric-S

Eric-S Well-Known Member

If you were looking to replace your Toshiba with something of similar size, plasma is probably your best option. If you have a light-controlled theater room, you owe it to yourself to demo projector technology. Digital projectors, LCD, LCoS, and DLP have all come a long way in the past few years.

Projector people tend to gather at HTTP://WWW.AVSFORUM.COM

3. dmiller68

dmiller68 Well-Known Member

David Miller
    I can highly recommend the VT50. I have the VT25 and have been very happy.

4. jwd12

jwd12 Member

Thanks, I beginning to wonder if the VT50 is worth the extra bucks. Not sure how important deep blacks are to my viewing which consists of over the air HDTV (sports), DVD's and some streaming of British TV (lousy picture quality but many good shows).

5. John Sparks

John Sparks Well-Known Member

John Sparks
    I finally had to get rid of my Mit 65711 and replaced it with a Mit 65738 DLP...picture is great but alas, it's not sold anymore. They only
    make the 73 inchers and that is what I'd go with, you won't regret it.