What's new

looking to get my first ht sub (1 Viewer)

kyleorsini

Auditioning
Real Name
kyle
hey everyone, im finally thinking about getting a subwoofer for my home theater, as of right now it consists of nothing outstanding a pioneer vsx 520, with a pair of boston acoustics CS26B all bought from best buy, wouldnt consider my self an audiophile, but i do have a moderate knowledge on the audio aspect, having done car audio systems for a couple years. i dont want to spend over 400$ on the sub, i dont want want a bottom of the barrel sub, nor do i want a high grade subwoofer, i live in a apartment, (concrete) and will be residing in an apartment for probly another 5 years id say, so i cant have a perfectly rounded set up that i would like to have, kinda just looking to buy local from, bb,fs or visions i live in winnipeg, canada so buying online isnt out of the question, but id rather not deal with paying duties etc.. i know a diy would be ideal, but just dont have the desire to play around with that much anymore, so with all this being said what what are some subwoofers people would suggest.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
BIC F-12, Elemental Designs and Lava Subs. I'm not sure about duties, etc. The BIC may be available in Canada though.

Funkywaves.net - Nathan is a great sub designer and builder. He may be able to build something in your budget.

kyleorsini

Auditioning
Real Name
kyle
i eneded up going the local chains and picked up a polk psw505 out of the subs i heard at visions, it sounded pretty decent, it was hard to really say between everything becasue there was soo much rattling from dvd players up above, and well most of the displays have been ran to the ground, and are most likely all on their last legs. i only paid 350 for the sub, and i understand i could have gotten a lava, which people seem to like here on the forums, but i dont want to deal with shipping/ and boarder crap. i will be hoooking it up later tonight :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks