What's new

Looking for used but not totally outdated (1 Viewer)

mikieson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
PROJECTOR....I was going to buy a camera but instead im trying to get my small humble theater going. I dont want to spend over 500$ s/h and all..

I want at least native 720p "widescreen" and composite hookups, ect ect..the basics.

Thanks...Mike

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
I would never buy a used projector unless I knew the person. I'm pretty sure you can buy a new 720p projector for about $700. You should check around for places still selling the Optoma HD70, Mits. HC1500, etc. Also check the threads at Avsforum.com for "budget" projectors.

SherardP

Stunt Coordinator
Not much of a budget you have but check out projector people and see what they offer in your price range.

mikieson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
You can get the Infocus x6 dlp for 399 but im sure its junk right? I know it dont have exactly what im wanting.

I just want a projector that will show 16:9 and 4:3 and any other format correctly.
One that will have old school hookups. I dont use HDMI right now. I dont have to have 1080p.
I do however have a xbox 360 that I would like to use at its high res like I am on my lil 32" lcd..
Well if anyone can find me something or recommend something good I would appreciate it...

mikieson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
OK...I found one just like a buddy of mine has. Its an Epson Powerlite 77C for about 500$ NEW.

If you GOOGLE it and look, it has good reviews not only from big name sites, but also from its users.

I know is old tech, but it should play my dvd's, and videogames just fine right?
If I do go with this, what are all the cables Im going to need to get it working with a normal DVD player, and Xbox 360 "hoping it will be 720?"..

Please give me all the input you think I need..Thanks, Mike

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
That is a native 4:3 business projector with terribly low contrast(400:1). Movies will not look very good on that thing. And for gaming, you're better off with a DLP projector. I still say you should save a little more and buy a 720p projector. You have an X-Box 360(HD) and you want to get a projector to take advantage of that.

mikieson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Well like I said, I have seen it play movies and a 360 but I wasnt sure if the 360 was running in 720p or not. The specs on it shows so much stuff its confusing to know what to look at?

So if the native is 4:3 how does it do widescreen? Im a little noobish at some of this..

The reviews on it are really really good. I know its not the best for what im wanting but I just cant squeeze any more cash out of me right now.

I guess I could always save up until next year at incometax time and by then I should have enough to get something great.

Unless someone has any other projector ideas to run by me??

Thanks Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks