What's new

Looking for tips on playing Crimson Skies (1 Viewer)

David Ely

Supporting Actor
I am wondering if anyone has tips on playing Crimson Skies.

When playing online, I've noticed that some players seem to have such incredible control of their ships. They seem to be able to practically lock on to their pray. This has led me to believe I may be missing something in the control scheme.

All advice is greatly appriciated!

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
I'll be needing that as well. Just got the game yesterday and playing through the single player campaign. Not going near Live until I get a better handle on movement in three dimensions. One question that I have, which probably relates to David's original, is the function of the black button. The control legend indicates it is for "enemy camera lock" but I haven't figured that out.

Brian J Dupuis

Second Unit
No online tips, as I literally only played one Live game while I had it, but the black button causes the camera to point towards the currently "selected" enemy. So if he's behind you, the camera will show a rear view, and keep him centered in the view as you both gyrate around. Note that this only happens while you hold down the button.

Krystian C

Stunt Coordinator
Slowly working my way up the ranks in Live play. In the mid 200 for all time dogfighter. So I will offer a few words of wisdom if possible.

1. If you have 2 controllers, start a multiplayer match by yourself, set the timer to 25 mins, and just fly and play with the controls.

2. Start with the Devistator. It is easy to use, and the speed and firepower are middle of the road. The magnetic missles are nice as well, just have to get them close.

3. Ride the brake. You can turn on a dime if you hit the brakes. You will often find a meri-go-round situation happen in dog fighting. 2 people get in close and just circle taking a few bullet hits till someone dies. If you are on the brake you cut your turns down significantly.

4. If someone is on you like white on rice, Hold the Black button and try to avoid the shots and get around them. I know, easier said than done. Using the brake with the black button works great as well, but it is hell on the wrist with an S controller.

5. Get used to the levels. Know where spare health is stored. Escape routes in canyons or between buildings, etc.

6. Don't bother with the turrets. They are fun for about 30 second until you get killed. They are a blast in the single player game, but on Live you are nothing but an easy target.

7. Look around online for a list of special moves. (let me know if you can't find anything, and I will post them best I can) There are alot more than you may think. There are 8 Horizontal moves, 3 different U-turn moves, and 2 90 degree turns. Easy to learn, damn hard to master, but most will increase you kills or reduce your deaths drastically.

Thats about all I can think of at 04:00 in the morning. Look me up online if ya want. Gametag: Evil as Sin. Best of luck, and hope to smoke ya online :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks