What's new

Looking for Really small 2.1 setup (1 Viewer)

TylerCrawford

Auditioning
Hey there. I'm looking to get a small 2.1 or stereo setup to go with my 20" TV in the bedroom, to be used mainly for digital cable. I don't want to have a seperate amp so I'm kinda looking for some self powered speakers. I just want something that's clear and is an improvment over internal speakers. Think I should look at some computer speaker sets?

RISUG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Reese
Hello Tyler,

I use the Klipsch Promedia 2.1 set for my pc:

http://www.klipsch.com/images/produc...e/76_large.jpg

I'd say the performance from this set is supeior to standard television speakers. Each of the two satellites is driven by the sub, which in turn is self powered.

You can get further literature and specs from the Klipsch site: http://www.klipsch.com/

There is also a number of reviews on various sites (ie -> eopinions / audioreview, etc).

I have the set connected via the 1/8" mini-phone jack to the pc's audio card, if your tv lacks a mini-phone input then you can use a mini-phone to RCA converter.

I highly advise giving them a listen if you can. For my pc I wanted a simple but better than average stereo set, the Promedia 2.1 was the perfect solution for me. Based on your criteria it just might be what you're looking for.

JamieS

Stunt Coordinator
I second the Pro Media 2.

I have it hooked up to the wifes 27 inch TV upstairs and also to a DVD player and VCR (min plugh adapter and RS switch box so she can listen to CDs without turning on TV.).

My intital offer was to get a cheap used (1-200 CAN) receiver and give her my Paradigm Atoms (used to be the surrounds). She said they wer "way too big". IF she could have invisible speaker she would.

Small 2.1 sub sat systems are hard to come by. Usually they come only as 5.1 systems (like Take 5 or whatever). She wanted 2 speakers only. I played some really small speakers with no sub and even she thought it was cruddy.

Even a pair of tiny energy or axiom speakers PLUS a sub was going to be $500 canadian or more + a reciever.

With the Por Media 2.1 I was able to hide the sub behind the TV cabinet so all you see is the sattelites. The sound on TV is 100 times better than the TV speakers. It is much better than a "blaster" on CD and even for DVD it is OK for kids or people who are not too picky. The base of the sattalites points the speakers upwards (for on desk use) but you can bend them to point almost flat or place something under them to angle them at the listeners. The bass is not the most accurate thing but for what you pay I don't know if there is a better sounding smaller solution.

Shane Morales

Second Unit
I third the promedia 2.1 speakers. I've been using these for tv/dvd/xbox for about a year now. Just dandy; can't be beat for $170.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks