1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for good sites to research RPTV

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Barry BB, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Barry BB

Barry BB Well-Known Member

I'm in the beginning stages of learning about RPTV's for a planned future purchase. A forum search using RPTV and widescreen as search criteria brought back over 130 threads which is a lot of threads to go through to piece together some info. I'm looking for good web sites where the information is a bit more in one place to read through that will explain features and what to look for in a set.

2. ChrisYK

ChrisYK Well-Known Member

I would suggest that you set some criteria before searching the forums here...

Start with some magazines, especially the Buyer's Guides that came out about a month ago from the various publications. After perusing for a bit, narrow it down a bit by deciding which technology you want to go with (CRT vs. DLP vs. LCD). Your budget will play a large factor in your choice of technology and each has its advantages and disadvantages. After deciding the general direction you want to go in terms of technology, I would then further narrow it down by size of display. At this point, you should have a better idea of what to search for in these forums.

Hope that helps and for what it's worth, I was in your shoes about a month ago and ended up with a Sony KP-57WS510. [​IMG]

Edit: To answer your question, I couldn't find any sites more helpful than the Home Theater Forum in my search for a RPTV.

3. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Well-Known Member

Here, Keohi, the RPTV forum at AVS, and hometheaterspot.

4. Dustin Harrison

Dustin Harrison Well-Known Member

5. Bill Will

Bill Will Well-Known Member