What's new

Looking for good clarinet artists on CD. (1 Viewer)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
My father wants to find a CD of a good clarinet player for his brother. What artists are out there? My Uncle plays clarinet and is picky so I can't just find anything.

thanx in advance for any info

:)

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
Try searching Google (or one of the specific CD sites) for a young jazz artist named Evan Christopher. He's young, yes, but he mainly plays the classics.

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor
Try this Allmusic.com page as a starting place. Continue to click on the blue/red arrow at the bottom of each page to get more listings.

Three big names that spring to mind are Benny Goodman (find yourself the 1938 Carnegie Hall concert), Artie Shaw and Woody Herman. Dr. Michael White is a more modern day player who plays mostly in the New Orleans style. Don Byron is also an excellent current player, but his style ranges greatly (from "avant" playing to klezmer to funk/dance stuff).

Maybe this thread should move to the Music section as mentioned above. Might get some more hits.

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Lest we forget, there's Eddie Daniels as well.

The guy has technique out the wazoo, plus incredible groove to add to that.

Cheers,

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Matt,

I hope you were kidding...

He's a saxophone player, and some of us that have played a good deal of saxophone don't think he really is a saxophonist :D

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks