What's new

Looking for enclosure for custom HTPC case (1 Viewer)

Mike_J_Potter

Second Unit
I am considering building a custom case for mt HTPC since I can't locate a case that fits my demensions and space requirements. Every small case I find is too small to properly fit a silent heatsink, and the antec Aria is noisy since the cpu heats up the case forcing the fans to run faster. My current plan is to buy a cheap micro ATX case and move the needed parts over to a new enclosure. I like the way component amp cases look and since I don't plan on using a CD drive (will install software over wireless network)(or front USB on the PC the plain front works perfectly. Is there a source for just a amp enclosure or something similar. I like the way this looks but is too expensive since it is a complete amp. http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshow...number=302-605 Can I just order the casing from somewhere? I still need to figure out exact dimensions but once I see my options I can figure it out.

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter
Are you sure you don't want a DVD player in your HTPC? Ripping movies to HD and copying them over wireless was my only option for a little while and I was very happy once I got the DVD back in there. An external USB HD was a little help but that wouldn't have worked for long term either.

(of course this is assuming you want to watch movies with your HTPC)

Mike_J_Potter

Second Unit

The DVD isn't really needed besides the initial OS install, I haven't really used it. The majority of the content I use on it is playing MP3s, or downloaded content such as IPTV shows. I have a DVD player hooked up to the same TV so I just use that for DVDs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks