1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

looking for a video switcher

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Keith_R, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Keith_R

Keith_R Well-Known Member

Kyle
    Hey all, here's the deal, right now I have a Tv which only has composite video on it. There are 2 video ports on it and they are both taken up with gear, this wouldn't be a problem except that I have one more piece of gear than I have ports which makes it so that I'm continuously switching out my composite video plugs when I want to watch a DVD or use my Tivo.

I believe the part I'm looking for is called a composite video switcher and it would allow me to plug in more than composite video device than what is on my Tv. Is this the right thing that I'm looking for? if so are there any that are relatively small and inexpensive? thanks.

2. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Well-Known Member

Radio Shack has several from a manual one to one that takes remote-control commands. Most of these offer Left/Right/Video inputs that all switch together.

3. Keith_R

Keith_R Well-Known Member

Kyle
    update: I went to Radioshack this weekend and picked one up. It is a manual one w/ no remote, with up to 4 ports as well as the ability for S-Video, if that time ever comes. Hook-up was a sintch and it all went well.

The only thing I question is if I'm seeing some slight signal degredation on my calibrated Tv set. I'm not for sure though because I haven't tried a DVD yet but if it's there it is real slight. Should I expect a little degredation? thanks.