1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a Receiver - Suggestions?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by rancineb, Nov 17, 2011.

1. rancineb

rancineb New Member

I just recently bought a new house and now looking to set-up a home theater system. First things first, I need to get a good receiver. I'm looking for something that has 2-zone capabilities so I can have separate audio in another room. I will be hooking up a cable box, blue-ray player, game system, and other audio ins so will need something that can accept many inputs. What brands do you suggest that are good and hold up? Any suggest features I should keep an eye out for to make sure are on a receiver I buy? ~Brian

2. 20s2k03

20s2k03 Member

Hey Brian, I am not a home audio genius or anything by any means, but I purchased a Onkyo TX-SR608, and absolutely love it! It has the 2-zone capabilities that you mentioned, its got multiple inputs (6 HDMI) so you should have no problem hooking up anything that you want! Its a 7.2 receiver. I got mine Factory Refurbished from Accessories4Less.com for $299! I'm not sure what your price range is, and I'm sure more people on the forum can help you about with a few more options for you, but speaking from experience, this is a fantastic receiver.