What's new

Looking for a new TV. Old one has about had it now. 47-55" (1 Viewer)

JOHNnNM

Grip
Real Name
John Stockton
I'm back to size beats all these days........ Go for the biggest you can find for the money you have. :)

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
extended warranty is a huge profit center for retails. Most retails are also negotiable with the pricing of it. For consumers...they are great if you ever need it! will it cover burn in ? (if so, get it in writing ). I am dealing with a customer right now where I installed an Elite 151 plasma. It died a few weeks ago. the cost of the panel was $6K. My customer is now wishing he had an extended warranty. FWIW. Gregg

CBennett

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris Bennett
Ok thanks for the help you guys. I think I have everything purchased and will end up having a nice modest 5.1 HT system. TV: Panasonic GT50 50" dvd/blu ray player: Panasonic DMP-BDT220 junky Comcast HD box is in the mix also i guess... HT Receiver: Onkyo HT-RC330 5.1-CHANNEL HOME THEATER RECEIVER Speakers: Mirage Omni 60's/Omni series Subwoofer: Atlantic Technologies and the wifes Electric Fireplace/HT stand/media center :) (which looks cool but id have been just fine with a decent wood stand :D ) for the TV,BluRay player,Receiver and Stand/fireplace its $2500 (already have all the speakers) Since the receiver and everything has HDMI is that the best way to hook all these different components together?? how many HDMI cables am i gonna need? is there anything special i will need cable wise for hooking this all up im not thinking of? Right now im running everything(cause its old) on component( RYBG type stuff or what ever the colors are lol been so long i cant even remember) no optical cables or anything...want to be sure I have everything ready for hookup when it all arrives.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Yes, for simplicity keep everything HDMI. You will need one HDMI cable to connect each source to the receiver, and one additional HDMI cable to run from the receivers output to an input on the TV. No need to get expensive cables - many of us get ours from www.monoprice.com. They are high quality and only a few bucks each. Do you already have a subwoofer cable? That's about the only other thing you'll need. Good luck!

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
also consider bluejeanscable.com . they are a great bunch of guys there and you can actually get advice (plus great pricing). they are also an HTF sponsor!!

CBennett

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris Bennett
Thanks guys and great prices on those cables BTW. And yes the older HT system is already hooked up and works(including the sub) and all I will have to do is unhook withe from current Reciever and hook them into back of new.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks