What's new

Looking for a new receiver...Pioneer Sc-57 (1 Viewer)

Irishfan

Grip
Real Name
matt moseley
Im currently looking for a new receiver, it will be used for 90% movies. Im leaning towards the pioneer SC-57. Any advice?

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
As I said earlier, the SC-57 is a very good receiver but it's only been on the market for a few months so it's still priced pretty high. IMO, Pioneer receiver (and especially their BluRay players) are a bit over-priced at anything near msrp. Seek a discount. And I'd hate to see you spend more on the receiver then you do on the bookshelves. As I've recommended before, go into BB and and show a strong interest in it and maybe they can work with you on the price. Some e-tailers, like jr.com electronicsexpo.com 6thave.com etc will also let you bargain on the price or offer a serious discount if you call them. A phone sale (with physical receipt implying that you bought it from the store and not on-line) might protect warranty coverage. Apparently they will look the other way to make a sale as Pioneer will not honor the warranty on any Elite receiver bought on-line. If you've moved the budget up that far it would be silly not to look at comparative Denon's, Onkyo's, Yamaha's and H/K's just to be sure you're making the right decision for you. But the SC-27 might just be the best over-all receiver I've had yet. And I've had quite a few.

Irishfan

Grip
Real Name
matt moseley
I have found the sc-57 for $1,400 online. Thats crazy about the warranty, and purchasing the unit online.

dmiller68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Miller
I have the SC-37 and would love to upgrade to the SC-57 mostly for the Apple intergration. I had the SC-27 as well. They have been fantastic recievers and would highly recommend them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks