1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

looking for a in-wall center channel speaker but cant seem to find one thats a true in-wall. Please

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by gsxreatr, Oct 23, 2011.

1. gsxreatr

gsxreatr Member

Hi, new to the forum and to the world of home theater systems. I have a friend thats helping me piece together a system. It includes a integra 7.8 dtr 3 zone receiver , and boston shelf speakers, ceiling mount, and outdoor speakers. Im on the hunt for a really good center mount speaker but the catch is I want it to be a in-wall mount speaker because of the lack of space I have to put a non in-wall speaker. i could not find one made by boston so i need to find one. I would like one of pretty good quality since the center channel speaker is the most important speaker in a home theater system IMO. I also do not want to use just a in-wall speaker, I want a one that is a center channel because the system is in a bretty big living room and the floor plan is open. I searched but couldnt find the answer that I was looking for in this forum. Does anyone have an idea of what center channel I can use that is a in-wall mount? looking to spend around $400. Thanks in advance

2. gsxreatr

gsxreatr Member

anyboy out there??? did I post this in the wrong part of this forum or something?

3. Robert_J

Robert_J Well-Known Member

Robert
    There's more traffic in the Speakers section. The problem going with an in-wall from someone besides Boston is the different timbre. In order, we recommend: 1. 3 identical speakers for L/C/R 2. L/C/R speakers from the same company and same line. 3. L/C/R speakers from the same company. 4. L/C/R speakers with similar characteristics (same design, same types of tweeter/woofer) ...... 98. Phantom center. 99. Center does not match the L & R speakers. Have you looked at Monoprice and PE for their in-wall speakers?

4. Robert_J

Robert
    This is a weekend. There is more traffic during the week while we are supposed to be working.

5. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam

6. gsxreatr

gsxreatr Member

ok, i understand now. Well I want to do book shelf speakers for right and left and a in-wall mount center channel. was planning on using A26's for shelf speakers. Would I be better off coing with a complete line of polk audio for R/C/L speakers or could I find a center channel to go with the boston A26's? the A26 is a 2way 6.5 with a 1in tweeter

7. Robert_J

Robert
    We don't recommend speakers most of the time here as a general rule. What I like, you may consider crap. Everyone hears differently. I gave you the basic rules in choosing your front 3 speakers. Go out and listen to some. See if you can come up with 3 that will work for you. Finally, why an in-wall for the center? Is it some special requirement?