1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a good high end multi disk cd player.....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jakarta Tom, Mar 25, 2003.

1. Jakarta Tom

Jakarta Tom Member

Any suggestions? I currently have a Marantz 67MKSEII that absolutely kicks ass. The only problem is it is a single cd player and I need to get a multi cd player. Can I get some suggestions please. I don't want to give up too much on the quality sound that my current cd player gives me.

2. KeithH

KeithH Well-Known Member

Jakarta, what is your budget? If you can find one, the Sony SCD-C555ES is an excellent changer. It's a great CD player, plus you get stereo and multi-channel SACD thrown in. It was discontinued a few months back, but check some dealers in your area. It was selling for $600-800 before it was discontinued and was a steal.

If you can't find the 'C555ES, consider the Sony 'C222ES, which is a step-down model. The 'C222ES isn't as good as the 'C555ES, but it is still a good SACD/CD player, and it is still in production. It retails for $500 but is available for around $350 by mail from authorized Sony dealers. Go to www.crutchfield.com for more information on the 'C222ES.

Finally, Rotel has a new changer on the market. I haven't used it, but Rotel makes good CD players. Go to www.rotel.com for more information.