What's new

Looking for a 6.1 receiver under $400 (1 Viewer)

TylerCrawford

Auditioning
Hey there. I'm looking to pickup a 6.1 reciever. The features I'm looking for are pretty basic, just 6.1, don't need video switching. The main thing I'd like is a receiver that will sound pretty good for 2ch stereo. My speakers are Paradigm Monitor 3's for mains, CC370 and Atoms for surrounds (will be adding a CC170 for rear surround). I have a small room about 10' X 10' and usually listen at moderate levels (about 10 on my crappy Sony)
I'd like to buy something locally so I can check it out. Dealers around me sell Yamaha, Sony, Kenwood, JVC, and Denon. Anyone have any recommendations?

RonJon

Auditioning
You should take a look at the Onkyo HTR510. eCost is selling them for $150 or so delivered. They are allegedly refurbed by Onkyo and come with the factory warranty.

It has quite a few features for the money and adequate video switching. I bought one and am quite pleased with it especially for the $$ paid.:b

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
Have a look at the HK AVR-325 or the HK AVR-230... The 230 is a 6.1 channel reciever while the 325 is a 7.1 channel.

Jonathan Lofgren

Stunt Coordinator
Of the receivers you have locally, and considering the budget you have, I would look at Denon and Yamaha. Some people say that Yamahas are bright, and that Paradigms are also bright so that it might not be a good match, but sound is really subjective. I would suggest that, since you're buying locally, you should go listen to the receivers and get the one you like best.

jad

Agent
I am not a big hk fan but after spending time this weekend with the avr230 I'm pretty impressed especially after my fatiguing sessions with the Sony 2000es.

Steve Adams

Second Unit
im not either, but either way you cut it, they have awsome sound. just the reliability is in question. I have a pioneer 810, it sounds excellent, 6.1, and every connection I have needed. I picked it up for 250 cdn, the list on it at the time was 1299 or something like that at the stereo shop here, I got mine at sears. no box or connection wires. everything else was there. Im super pleased with the unit. I recommend a pioneer receiver to anybody for dollar to performance ratio.

Stephen*G

Auditioning
Try the Onkyo TX-SR 601 from bestpriceaudiovideo.com the sell it for 399.00 delivered brand new and they don't have pushy sales people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks