What's new

looking at getting a samsung un60f7100 (1 Viewer)

fattkt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim
Im looking to replace my current samsung tv its a un55c7000. I was at sears yesterday and they had the samsung un60f7100 tv on sale for 1899. I was wondering what everyones thoughts where on this until. I know its not much of a jump in size but what im wondering is, would it be a better idea to wait until the 4k tvs go down in price and purchase of of those? Whats everyones thoughts?Thanks for any input in advance!

fattkt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim
Yeah im just not big on plasma at all. The last samsung plasma I had didnt last long. Before it died it got burn in images on the screen. It lasted maybe 2 and a half yrs. The room this tv is going in gets used 12 to 18hrs a day. Sometime it never gets shut off. I have two kids and a wife that watch tv alot so when they go to bed thats about the only time I get to watch what I want and ill sometime just pass out leaving it on all night. lol I know thats not good on them so I need something to stand the test of time

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Samsung(LCD and plasma) suffered from bad power supply capacitors. Which is probably what killed the prior TV.

Image retention is not an issue...and if it was on your prior plasma(how old was it?) phosphors have changed.

But if you want an LCD, go ahead. I'm not up on LCD as I'll never own one...unless I have to once "4K takes over"...

fattkt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim
I bought my plasma in 2007 I think. I wasnt too happy with it from the get go. Ive been real happy with this 55" led just getting out of date doesn't do the samsung all share, no built in wifi no auto diming...... just think its time to make it the bed room tv or sell it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks