What's new

Look at my wall. Cube speakers for now, but how do I put in wall speakers after? (1 Viewer)

dgrams2000

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave
So, Here is my wall of 184" in width. I drew out where the 92" screen is going to be.
For now (because of money restrictions) I am mounting cube speakers on the outside of the wall...
But... I plan to wire in the wall for in-wall speakers that I can add when I can either afford to get rid of the cheaper
speakers, or if they... die. Never put in-wall speakers in, but as you can see here, the framing will not be
centered under the drywall, so I have to plan well to put speakers in. Not sure how they mount to the drywall or to the
2x4's... what kind of planning am I going to have to do? I dont mind cutting some of the framing and putting wood
across if I need to where the speakers would go.. but I really have no idea how they mount in-wall to start with.
Are there any in-wall speakers masters around here that can throw tips my way?
Will I be able to install in-wall speakers later or will i end up having to tear up drywall anyways...
Any and all help is appreciated.
(Here is the link to the picture if it is not displaying correctly in this thread...)
http://webpages.charter.net/cablehaven/Basement2013/wall.jpg

wall.jpg

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
If you are mounting "cube speakers"...you might as well run your CL2 wire now and just poke it through the wall. No need to waste wire...and no reason to do it twice.Everything you need to put an in-wall in the wall comes in the box.

dgrams2000

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave
The cube speakers are going to be 13" off the corners of the walls, the internal wall speakers (when I switch to them) will be closer to the screen.. so I will be running separate wire. (Besides the wire on the cube speakers is the original wire that came with the bose set... I dont want to resue that wire when I get new speakers)
So, I'll be running additional wire anyways...

I saw some pics of speakers and yes.. it looks like you just trim out the drywall, and the speaker clilps/clamps to the drywall.. so as long as I have the hole in the right place, and no 2x4's right behind it.. I should be okay.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks