What's new

Longmire - A&E (1 Viewer)

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
I'm going to respond to Johnny but I will be using SPOILERS, so...

....last chance...

I did put some thought into the finale. Walt think Nighthorse had his wife killed, Branch discovers that it was actually his father (though Nighthorse is not without some culpability IMO). Assuming the show comes back for another season, if Branch survives it would seem the storyline could be wrapped up fairly easily and quickly...which is not how TV shows typically do things.

Let's say Branch is not dead. Especially after being shot at I would think he would turn his father over to Walt. At this point it would seem pretty easy to get Nighthorse arrested. What could complicate things? If Branch ended up killing his father he could still go to Walt (thereby earning his way back into the department). That would make the season about trying to take down Nighthorse.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Johnny Angell said:
So any thoughts on my theory about the ending?
Yes, see my post prior to yours, it explains what I think and believe is how it will be written. The Owl is the key to the ending and where it is going from here.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Well that is disappointing. I've learned not to get too attached to programs.

Hopefully the show can find a home on another network or perhaps Netflix. If not, it was fun while it lasted.

- Walter.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Walter C said:
"Longmire" has been cancelled.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/08/28/longmire-cancelled-by-ae-after-three-seasons/297670/

This really sucks! But somehow, it does not surprise me, considering how they axed "The Glades".
I had a bad feeling about it especially since A&E didn't own the show. That's the trend on cable networks now, to own the show so they control future syndication, etc. But it's resulted in several series meeting their demise (The Glades, White Collar and now Longmire).

revgen

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dan
I have a feeling another network will pick it up. The ratings weren't that bad. They were much higher than the Glades were when it was cancelled.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
I am certainly upset over the cancellation as I have often said, this was one of the best Summer shows on TV bar none. It was a very high quality show with good writing and actors, which is rare. Can't believe they would cancel this, but as others have said here and on other sites like Twitter and Facebook, someone is surely going to pick it up. It's just too good to leave and would be perfect for another cable network or a Netflix/Amazon to fund.

Make sure everyone that like this show posts on Twitter, Facebook and Netflix to give your opinion that you want it back and to PLEASE pick it up and not leave it. If the actors start to leave for other shows though, that spells certain doom, so here's hoping it lands at a new place soon.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
atfree said:
I had a bad feeling about it especially since A&E didn't own the show. That's the trend on cable networks now, to own the show so they control future syndication, etc. But it's resulted in several series meeting their demise (The Glades, White Collar and now Longmire).
At least "White Collar" got a heads-up, when they got renewed, that their next season will be their last.

I don't really understand this move at all, considering how A&E don't really have much in terms of scripted programming. Instead, they will replace it with some reality crap.

revgen

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dan
Warner Bros has been making quite a bit of $$$ off the show through Netflix, Vudu, Amazon, and now Warner Archive Blu-Rays. None of which A&E can touch.

According this Deadline article, A&E is planning on producing their own shows and reaping the benefits of syndication.

I wouldn't be surprised if TNT picks it up next season, since it's a subsidiary of Warner Bros, and two of Warner Horizon's shows, Dallas and Rizzoli and Isles are on the network.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
While I would be pleasantly surprised if it happened and the fact that it's been shopped around I'm mildly hopeful, I feel that a season 4 of Longmire is a longshot. Not that many series get picked up after being dropped and actors aren't going to wait around, hoping that another network will come along.

I guess it will come down to production costs; if it's reasonable, I could see something like Netflix picking this up. Which would be cool, because that's where I went to watch it.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
The latest article I have read states most all cable networks they have contacted have passed on Longmire. One of the main reasons, which was listed is the show had an average viewership age of 60. Most cable networks want somewhere in the 18-49 range.

This article said Longmire was getting about 50% less ad revenue for a 30 second commercial compared to other shows that had a target viewership 18-49 and was another reason they didn't want the show. However, according to the show's producer, they said their reasons made no sense whatsoever. While the show may skew on average older, that's where the future is with the current population of baby boomers. Also, they were quoted saying that's the demographic you WANT because they have the most DISPOSABLE INCOME to spend. They said, just look at ads like Lexus and such and see where they market to the most the producer said.

The last remaining hope at this time according to them was either Netflix or Amazon to pick it up as one of their exclusive shows, which is still possible.

Be sure to keep posting on Twitter and Facebook to all Longmire topics and both Netflix and Amazon how much you want to see the show return and will support them if they do.

revgen

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dan
Please join us for our next stampede! Lets show the cast, crew & extraordinary producers that we are still behind them! Post/Share, Tweet/Retweet #LongLiveLongmire for 1 hour! This Wednesday at 8pm EST/5pm PST. Come on Posse, LETS RIDE! Please share!
https://www.facebook.com/LongmirePosse

Longmire star Robert Taylor will be answering questions today at 8pm EST/5pm PST during the "stampede" at twitter handle @MarqueeMgt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks