1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Long-Throw DLP Projectors

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Jay Mitchosky, Mar 29, 2003.

1. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Well-Known Member

Has anyone compiled a list of currently available HD2-based DLP projectors complete with their respective throw ratios? I'm trying to keep the projector location as far back into the theater as possible, which would demand a throw of 2.1 to 2.2. I've heard great things about the Marantz VP-12S2 but it seems to have quite a short throw.

Thoughts?

2. EdB

EdB Member

You can get the Marantz with a long throw lense, but the MSRP for the lense is $3000-$4000.
    The new Yamaha DPX-1000 has a long throw. You can go to the Yamaha website and they have a calculator that will allow you to determine the max. throw based upon screen size.
    Selco also has a fairly long throw if I remember correctly.

3. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Well-Known Member

4. Bill Lucas

Bill Lucas Well-Known Member

Jay,

The Seleco HT300 Plus has a throw distance of 1.8 - 2.4 times screen width. The HT200 projectors have an even longer throw distance. Sim2 just released the HT200 F ( or is it "S"?) with DCDi processing. It retails for $4995. I haven't gone over the complete specs for it. I have the information at my office.