What's new

Lone Star season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

LCD22

Screenwriter

Originally Posted by DaveF

That was a fantastic pilot. Halfway through I told my wife, "I hope this goes someplace, because this is a show of horrible people that I don't want to watch."

Well, it went someplace. And it's still a show of horrible people. But it's exquisitely well crafted and I have to stay with it. And the lead has enough "redemption" in him to not be wholly off-putting. Looking forward to the ep 2.

I had the same concern, so I researched various interviews and reviews of the pilot (and somehow avoided big revelations in spoilers) before it premiered.

If Lone Star was just squarely focused on a polygamist, cheating on two women, I would have ultimately given it a pass and subscribed to that other series on HBO. Thankfully, it's not Fox's typical primetime soaps either which I like.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Bummer indeed, as I just learned the news after getting around to watch the Pilot, which I did like. Probably this show would have been more suited for cable, like FX.

A bit like Dallas, and the con that is more believable than that on The Riches.

As far as watching a show about horrible people, well... there was JR Ewing and that show lasted more than 10 seasons.

LCD22

Screenwriter
Damn. I don't make a habit of watching Fox, so this means I'm back tuning out. I hope the three remaining filmed episodes will appear somewhere.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
That's the fastest I've ever watched a season of TV!

It was getting complicated, fast too. What's going to fill the slot? And was a whole or half season shot , for DVD release?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Lie to Me will fill the spot.

5 Episodes are "in the can" and Episode 6 was finishing production, so I don't know if that got finished.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
The remaining episodes are reportedly going to air Saturdays at 11pm.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I enjoyed both episodes, and will watch the rest, just to see what could have been. Hopefully, episodes 3 and 4 will be put online, since I will be out-of-town during those Saturdays.

I think the show's fate was pretty much sealed when it finished even below Gossip Girl on the CW. But Fox was basically asking a lot for a new show, to fill the shoes of 24 and expect to do well against already established juggarnauts on ABC or CBS.

I felt like, with all the critical acclaim, they could have tried moving it to another night, giving it another shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks