What's new

Lois and Clark possibly in 2005! (1 Viewer)

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Just read on tvshowsondvd.com about the possibility of Lois and Clark arriving on DVD next year! That's the best news considering we just heard about the sudden death of the silver screen's Superman, Christopher Reeve.

My family was just talking about how we wanted Lois and Clark on DVD as we used to watch that show all the time.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2304

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
It's hard to tell what overshadowed Christopher Reeve's career the most. His huge support for the advancement of stem cell research and spinal cord trauma or his role as Superman on the big screen.

I always found this interesting. WB is always interested in releasing the latest Superman tv show and not the original Superman TV Show starring George Reeves. Where's that DVD? I want that one first!!!!

Claude North

Second Unit
Not surprising, considering that Terri Hatcher's new series, DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, is turning into the biggest new show of the season. Interest in all things Hatcher should increase now, making this the perfect time for LOIS & CLARK releases.

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
If they're smart, they will look into releasing Adventures of Superman as well. Bound to be some interest now with Reeve gone. Why has there been a delay, is there an issue with rights or something?

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

They're releasing the titles that would sell the most copies first.

This doesnt have anything to do with "Desperate Housewives" doing well either, WB has been looking into releasing the show for awhile (I talked with them about it 2 years ago when I was out there).

Gord

Supporting Actor
Lois & Clark was interesting but Dean Cain didn't look anything like Superman. It was a joke. And on that show Lois wasn't a fiesty news reporter like she was in The Adventures of Superman

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
I don't know, I actually liked the series. First season was pretty good, but it seemed to run out of story lines pretty fast, especially since they were trying to tie the comics and the series so tightly together. Who knows?

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I heard they are eventually going to release the Adv.of Superman. But, it needs a lot of restoration work.

MattGSmith

Stunt Coordinator
I'm totally excited about this news. It's about time! How do I luck out that almost everyone of my favorite shows is out/or coming out on dvd!

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I am defiitely there for Lois and Clark. my wife and I used to watch it every week! I can't wait for this to be released... I would also like to see Adventures of Superman released as well.

LeonaB

Stunt Coordinator
Yipee!!!

One of my all-time favorites is finally coming out on DVD. And truthfully, as long as I have Season 1, I don't care as much about the rest of the seasons (although I do want them). After the creator of the show left and they decided to get totally campy, the show began a downhill spiral. Season 2 was still okay, but after that, argh!

Lois and Clark...Sigh

Britton

Screenwriter
I dug the first two seasons but once Lois and Clark hooked up, it completely ran out of fuel.

Supporting Actor
George Reeves was the quintessential Superman? ::::coughs up a furball::: Christopher Reeve is the one who looked and sounded like Superman.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

Who had a poll? Seinfeld is Columbia TriStar, and Superman is Warner Bros. I'm not saying that there isn't demand for "Adventures of Superman" but it hardly ranks right behind Seinfeld in terms of demand.

Gord

Eve Brown

Stunt Coordinator
This is so great, I have been wanting this one so bad. I loved all four seasons and with the last cliffhanger was very bummed the way it ends. But ABC went back on their 5th season plan and upped their offer on Drew Carey. I am enjoying watching Teri in DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES and Dean in Clubhouse.

I think the most requested title for a tv dvd release is Charmed, I remember that when the newspaper story I read about Sienfeld said it was the second tv dvd unreleased but people wanted witches more.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
That's according to information from my site, but I know Seinfeld will outsell Charmed when it's released, it's just that Charmed has a large, vocal fan base on the internet.

Gord

Jerry R Colvin

Stunt Coordinator
Ugh. If you really want to honor Christopher Reeve, get The Remains of the Day on DVD. That's his best movie ever. Lois and Clark was lame, and has nothing to do with the man. Or get Smallville if you need your Superman fix, as he was featured in two episodes in recent years.

Claude North

Second Unit

LOIS & CLARK might have been in discussion for a while, but I'm sure that Warners wasn't unaware of DH before its premiere, and that Teri Hatcher's presence in a high-profile series would remind people of L & C. I know that, after watching the first episode of DH, I found myself feeling nostalgic for L&C.

When it comes to marketing, there are no coincidences... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks