What's new

Logan's Run BD... release date? (1 Viewer)

Heinz W

Second Unit
Bill, in your 1/30/09 Rumor Mill this title is mentioned as being in the works by Warners for BD. Is it being remastered? Do you know the projected release date? This year? I know it's early but any tidbits you can offer would be most appreciated. This title is in desperate need of clean up, the print used for the old DVD is horrible.

Thanks.

Michael Rogers

Supporting Actor
I would imagine that any BD release of this movie would have to involve a new remastered transfer. It looks to me like the original Logan's Run DVD was not even mastered from a high definition transfer to begin with. It makes me wonder if they 16:9 stretched the laserdisc transfer for DVD (it would follow since this is a very early DVD release).

Heinz W

Second Unit
Apparently Mr. Hunt doesn't have enough time to keep up with his HTF forum, he's not posted here in months.

Bill Hunt

Insider
Sorry guys, I'll try to be more proactive around here. Logan's Run is tentatively set for release on BD in early November. I'll try to get an update on this title...

Heinz W

Second Unit
Thank you Bill. I hope you're correct about the release date. Any details you can provide would be most welcome, either here or on your site. As a Todd-AO film Logan's Run should look great on BD!

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille

Logan's Run was filmed in Todd-AO 35, a CinemaScope compatible system. Not the same as the original Todd-AO which was 70mm.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks