What's new

Little Rascals (Our Gang) DVD's... (1 Viewer)

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson

Thanks Laurence.

I actually pulled out my book on the Rascals last night and did a little research, then built a spreadsheet that cross-references all of the characters to the shorts they appeared in, and which volume on the current VHS sets that those shorts appear on.:b

I'm gonna have a Chubby marathon real soon.

CameronMcC

Second Unit
thanks eric...your original link worked but you new one is dead

solves my problem just the same..thans again

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone remember the name (and if its available) an episode where they are running a taxi? And something happens where it goes down a hill causing all kinds of havoc. With tires coming down and a boxing glove on a rectractable arm.

Thanks!

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Conrad. Is it available on the Lion's Gate releases?

And to show how timeless these shows are. My father got my daughters (ages 10 & 8) into the Little Rascals.

Brian-W

Screenwriter
Well, I've given up - I'm now beginning to transfer all the laserdiscs over to DV tape, then convert to DVDs from there. Most likely, I'll archive the MPEG2 files, and once Blu-Ray authoring is situated, I'm sure I'll be able to get the entire four box sets on laserdisc onto a 50GB Blu-Ray disc.

It's just frustrating that these films have been neglected for so long. There has to be money in the Rascals, otherwise, why would every company and their mother release discs.

What gets me is all the bootlegs and re-releases are the SAME films over and over and over again. It's like no one is tapping the other box sets that Cabin Fever released.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Like the R1 neglect of the Laurel & Hardy Roach films, and the Sony indifference to the Three Stooges, it's a crime that these beloved Our Gang comedies have been ignored.

The updating of this thread comes at an ironic time, as I've just dusted off my 21 Cabin Fever VHS cassettes and have been giving them a run. The world needs The Little Rascals done properly on DVD.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
I just wished I could find The Little Rascals, Volume 3 laserdisc set before I die. I have the Cabin Fever dvd box set and the volume 4 LD set, but 3 eludes me.

Brian-W

Screenwriter

Yikes...sorry...just checked, I don't have an extra. I have one season 1 and one season 3, but have two season 2s and two season 4s.

Brian-W

Screenwriter
Interpret it as you choose, but from "www.littlerascals.net" there is a post that Laughsmith will release Our Gang. Not sure of the details, but might be positive.

Evan Case

Screenwriter
I'm wondering if the Laughsmith set will be predominantly composed of the silent Our Gang comedies, being as how many of Laughsmith's prime contributors are members of the self-described "silent mafia."

While I definitely pine for more of the 30s' output, I'm just as interested in the silent films, since basically all of my knowledge of those comes from Leonard Maltin's Rascals book and the handful of shorts mixed in with the Cabin Fever sets.

Also, from the Laurel & Hardy newsgroup comes this bit of info straight from the mouth of Laughsmith:

I'd buy any and all comedy sets they put out. Their Arbuckle and Industrial Strength Keaton sets are tremendous.

Evan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks