What's new

Little Mermaid Platinum Edition (1 Viewer)

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
Cool! This is one of my all time favorite Disney animated movies. I have been looking forward to getting a release date for it on DVD, since the [apparent] first release was before I even had a DVD player.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Great news one of my favorite Disneys. The film that started Disney's 2nd Golden Age of Animation, which lasted about 10 years, 1989 to 1999 discounting Pixar..

Well I'm going to start saving 40p a week until it comes out, that should cover the cost.;)

Under the sea
Under the sea
Darling it's better
Down where it's wetter
Take it from me

hmmm those lyrics seem a bit suspect, never saw that before, tsk tsk

:D

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
A year away? Sheesh. I haven't purchased a single Disney Platinum title for my personal collection, but this one is an unavoidable part of my childhood, so I can't wait for it. I wish that was October 2005...

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I am definitely buying this. This movie was a formative part of my childhood and still holds a place in my heart over a decade-and-a-half since it was released.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Has it really been 16 years since the movie was released? DAMN!

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
I have the original release, but I haven't watched it in years. How was the transfer on that? Is there any indication this is a new or somehow "restored" transfer?

Frank@N

Screenwriter
Disney should take a que from Paramount and pimp every product they've got on DVD before interest fizzles due to the growing buzz around HD home playback.

In short, more than a year is too long. This would sell better now.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Okay, I've got a little problem with a release date being thrown out there more than a year ahead of time.

But gosh darn it, I love this movie. This is excellent.

TonyDale

Second Unit
Isn't the Broadway musical of THE LITTLE MERMAID set to open around the time of this dvd's release?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks