What's new

International Little known Region B BD... (1 Viewer)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Whether or not HTF gets a commission is a question for Ron/Adam etc...

90% of importing into the US is from Amazon, I would fathom a guess.

I could link to Blu-Ray.com...but...

Many of the reasons I choose the movies I do is because "theirs is better than ours"(9 Songs)...or has a better title...whether or not the content is any different(Whore...first post, I think).

Like Theorom. Would anybody find it...if I didn't just link to it?

Cuts lots of confusion.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Coogan's Bluff is now available from Amazon German. The cover looks hideous to me . . . .

Coogan's Bluff.jpg

. . . but one "reviewer" on Amazon's site raves about the picture quality while agreeing that the DVD was very poor.

I'll wait a few weeks to see if this come out on BRD elsewhere. If it does not, I'll buy this German disc.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
It would be really great if you could find time to just type the movie name as well as giving the link. Yes, I know you want us to have to do the work, but since most of us would want only maybe one movie in 20 (but REALLY want that movie) this would be a huge assistance for us.
This is such a great idea and I thank Schan for it .. but if Schan1269 isn't interested in making it user-friendly, maybe someone could start a similar list by title adding URLs if they wish.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Bowing down to "asking nicely"*...

I'll start adding in the names of the movies with the Amazon links...

*And my GF and I are having a Grey/Holloway thing today...(she is currently being ignored... :P )

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Todays's installment...and in the "with names" concession...

Amatuer...gotta love anything(well almost) with Huppert
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Amateur-Blu-ray-Isabelle-Huppert/dp/B00B8WD0TC/ref=pd_cp_d_h__1 (nymphomaniac ex-nun photographer. What else do you need to know?)

Turn Me On, God dammit
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Turn-Dammit-faen-dammit-Blu-Ray/dp/B006UYL3J2/ref=pd_cp_d_h__1 (Easy A...wha?)

Simple Men
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Simple-Blu-ray-Robert-John-Burke/dp/B00BSX69LC/ref=pd_bxgy_d_h__text_z (More Hal please...there is more than Parker Posey and Adrienne Shelly...may she RIP)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
BEWARE:
I just purchased the British DVD of the rare Errol Flynn movie "THE KING'S RHAPSODY".
The only good news is that it is an Anamorphic transfer of an early Cinemascope production.

They used a damaged, extra soft print with washed out color and an atrocious quality soundtrack.
Some of the softness and distortion maybe attributed to the early Scope lens used (maybe Fox rented them really shoddy ones)
The sound was originally 4 track magnetic stereo but this one is just a one track mess .

The Network label normally is reliable and release top class transfers, I'm not sure why they let this one escape into the market place.

Oh, finally, I love Musicals but this one is a real stinker. I'm afraid that Operettas and Errol Flynn don't mix.

Doug

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Speaking of recent Network releases, can anyone comment on the quality of their "Death is a Woman"?

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Doug Bull said:
BEWARE:
I just purchased the British DVD of the rare Errol Flynn movie "THE KING'S RHAPSODY".
The only good news is that it is an Anamorphic transfer of an early Cinemascope production.

They used a damaged, extra soft print with washed out color and an atrocious quality soundtrack.
Some of the softness and distortion maybe attributed to the early Scope lens used (maybe Fox rented them really shoddy ones)
The sound was originally 4 track magnetic stereo but this one is just a one track mess .

The Network label normally is reliable and release top class transfers, I'm not sure why they let this one escape into the market place.

Oh, finally, I love Musicals but this one is a real stinker. I'm afraid that Operettas and Errol Flynn don't mix.

Doug
Oh dear. I have this one in my Amazon UK cart (along with "Elizabeth of Ladymead" - also with Ms Neagle) and will probably still get this, shoddy print quality and all, because I doubt we'll see another release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks