What's new

Little House on the Prairie: building the best possible collection (1 Viewer)

Brent Reid

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brent
Oh what joy - dreams really can come true! Still my favourite TV series ever, even though I haven't watched it in over 20 years. This is why; I've been waiting for the chance to see it properly, for the first time ever...

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
As tempted as I was to buy the existing releases, I held off knowing full well of the anomalies that plagued them. Looks like my patience has paid off! I will definitely be getting these!

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Fantastic news! I'm in. Best news I've heard this week!!!

Gary "now I have to decide whether to upgrade to blu or just go with the remastered dvd version" O.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
jimmyjet said:
if you are asking if i know something specific about an actual release - no, i dont.

but it is an extremely popular series. and it seems to be a regular pattern that they fix things on re-releases.

to be honest, i think i am more interested in getting blu-ray releases for getting things fixed, than i am to see a higher resolution.

i would have bought lhotp a long time ago, if it had not had so many negative reviews about edited episodes.

i have seen this several times on various shows.

i really think they do this on purpose. do it as cheaply as possible the first time, knowing they will get a lot of people who will pay twice.

the first release of the twilight zone was in some haphazard non-chronological order. i could hardly believe someone could have been that dumb. i am currently watching the blu-ray release of it, all in order.
as i stated previously about this show and any other hit shows, it will come. just dont sit there waiting for the kettle to boil.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
jimmyjet said:
as i stated previously about this show and any other hit shows, it will come. just dont sit there waiting for the kettle to boil.
See I told you so! :p Good call. Can't wait to see what they look like.

If someone will do a clever comparison deal of DVD/Bluray/new DVD with screenshot comparisons galore I'll "LIKE" that like Michael Landon LIKED to tear up the audience. :p

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
I guess I would rate Bonanza #1 on my list, in particular the "lost" episodes. I think when Pernell Roberts left, Michael took on more of a presence besides the "little brother" who liked to get in trouble.

I love Little House on the Prairie. I had a teacher who got me hooked on the books by Laura Ingalls Wilder when I was in 4th grade and I started watching the show then. Even the reunion movies were good.

Highway to Heaven. Well, it's not a bad show but I don't remember a whole lot about it. What little I've seen of it in recent years have been cut episodes on a religious station that were obviously not remastered for HD or cleaned up in any way.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
highway had a lot of good episodes with good messages.

michael landon may not have lived his life like his tv shows, but he knew how to reach his audiences.

Mr. Handley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
Of course, I bought all the previous DVD sets, but will purchase these in a heartbeat. The previous sets were plagued with issues, including bad picture, crappy cuts and time-sped episodes that made the characters sound like chipmunks at times. And yet, the overall quality of the show still came through, especially the early seasons. I have fond memories of watching this with my mother and am looking forward to a quality release (finally).

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Well, at least I don't have to think about jumping to Blu yet. I can put it off a while longer, I guess. LOL

Gary "that really is a shame - hopefully it's only a delay to correct some of the issues that were being brought up" O.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
thanks radioman for the update.

hopefully we will be told what the situation is.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
you're welcome. A poster on amazon.com tipped me off. Bummer!

Of course, I'm just finishing up Season 3, had planned to go up to 5 then buy the rest of the series which I don't own yet (just been watching these first 5 seasons). The bluray/DVD unedited thing had ruined my damn plan anyway. :p

Mr. Handley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
Hope this is just a slight delay to make sure they get it right. I'm really looking forward to seeing this show done correctly.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks