What's new

little help with OT star wars on VHS?? (1 Viewer)

Vic Cordova

Agent
which set is the one that is non-SE and widescreen? can someone please post a picture and upc number or give me a link? thanks for your help... might have to resist the lure of the dvd set (who am i kidding?).

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I don't think there was a non-SE that was widescreen, only the silver-boxed SE (which I still have somewhere).

- Steve

Stephen J*

Stunt Coordinator
There is a non-SE that I'm pretty sure is Widescreen. Came out in 1996 or so, Box Set has half of Vader's head on it or something. It was tagged "See it again for the last time". (Hinting that the SE was coming out).

DanHaya

Second Unit
Actually, there was an earlier widescreen box set that came out in the late 80s or early 90s. I have it myself...I will try and post a photo later. It's a 4-tape set in a blue box with a hologram of the Episode IV movie poster on the front. The 4th tape is a documentary called From Star Wars to Jedi, which came out around the release of Return of the Jedi in 1983.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
My bad...the laserdisc versions share the same artwork.

- Steve

John*C

Stunt Coordinator
I have the 'new' look packages I stretch on my W/S HDTV, after stretching or displaying every thing I watched since early 2001, I got used to it. I did pre-order the 2.35:1 Star Wars as I like the anamorhic 2.35:1 format the best!

I still have about 300 VHS that are not on DVD yet, some of them with the company no longer existing, I have the same company that hard wired my Region free to record VHS to DVD, since I have the original, it's a legal back up.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks