What's new

Listen to this sound clip - Help me identify this Christmas song (1 Viewer)

Mike Witt

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I have another thread where I am asking for help with a Christmas song that I caught with Tivo while recording a show on TCM. Here is the clip of the song I recorded.
Click Here (or copy/paste in browser) For Song Clip:
http://www.jandafields.com/song.wav
I started a new thread for this because I wanted in the title of my thread "listen to the sound clip". Admins feel free to delete the other thread.

Mike Witt

Stunt Coordinator
Here is the text from my other thread:

Hi all and Happy Holidays!

I recorded The Bells of Saint Mary's with my Tivo over the Christmas Holiday off of TCM and at the end of the movie there was a little song and promotional video by TCM in which they played this 50's sounding song. I would love to know the title of this song if anyone saw it and knows the tune. My Tivo recording stopped just briefly into the song, but here are the lyrics I picked up off of the clip:

"Snow is falling and friends are calling"
"It's the winter wonderland we knew"
"In our crazy kind of way"
"It is in our hearts to say"
"A happy, happy...."

...and that's all Tivo got. The whole song has some "doo-op" background singing going on with it. It sounds like a really cute song, and I would like to hear more of it. Anybody know a title. I know it's not much to go on, but the forum is great for this kind of stuff.

Thanks for any help.

Mike S H

Auditioning
Did you try searching for the movie title ad imdb.com and looking for the movie soundtrack?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike:

That's quite a challenge. I fancy myself something of a Christmas music buff and you've got me stumped on this one.

Excellent idea to post a .wav of what you got off your Tivo.

The doo-wop intro is IDENTICAL to the opening of White Christmas by the Drifters. I checked around on Amazon.com and couldn't find any obscure Drifters Christmas songs. It might be some sound-alike '50s group. I will look a little deeper into my collection and see what I turn up. I have a few compilation CDs that may yield something.

Verrrrrry interesting!

Mike Witt

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for your efforts Mike. I am looking at this as somewhat of a challenge myself and have a message at another forum as well. Someone over there mentioned The Drifters, too, so that could be on the right track. I'm still searching around and will let you know if I turn up anything.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
THIS IS MADDENING!!!!! :D
I am hard at work on this, Mike! I have friends and family all putting their nose (ears) to the grindstone (speakers) to figure it out.
I thought I was close a couple of times, but came up empty. I am sure, however, we WILL persevere!
No luck, yet, on your end?

Mike Witt

Stunt Coordinator
I am starting to think this may just be something done especially for this TCM promo. It had a very high production value including the video for just a promotional ad. I am on sort of a mission to compile some unique Christmas songs, so when I came across this clip it became a part of my mission. I'm still doing some searching Mike, so I'll let you know if anything turns up. You do the same please.

I went to TCM's website to see if I could email them from there and ask them about the song, but I didn't see a place to write them electronically. Maybe someone here knows an e-address for them.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I've already written TCM an e-mail question using your description. They promise no quick responses. :frowning:

Mike Witt

Stunt Coordinator
Nice work Mike. Writing TCM may be the best course at this point. Let me know what you hear. Thanks.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike: I gotta tell ya, my entire family is walking around the house today singing the first 35 seconds of this song. Our favorite part is the end where we all sing "it's in our hearts to say....a happy, happy--ding" :D
This is one very infectious 35 seconds!

Mike Witt

Stunt Coordinator
Ha, ha, ha! That's great! You ought to see the video that went along with it. It is really cool, too. Maybe I'll capture it and post it next. Ha!

Happy New Year everybody!

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Happy New Year Mike and good luck on your quest! I'm sure you'll get an answer within a couple of days.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
No prob!
After you get to Link Removed go to the "feedback" section.
Once there, click on "Feedback and FAQ". Click on "Find Answers".
Once there, you'll see a tab that says "Ask a Question". Click on that and it takes you to a page where you can ask your question. You have to register with your e-mail, etc (only strange request is they insist on a URL from you. I don't have one, so I put in RoadRunner's --www.rr.com-- which is my ISP provider!).
And there you have it. They will assign a tracking number to your question and then YOU have to check in on the status of your question. You will click on "My Stuff" and then, "Questions". They do NOT e-mail the answer to you. Don't ask me why. With all these hoops, it seems like they really don't want to hear from people. ;)
Have at 'em! I will post immediately upon the receipt of a reply to my inquiry. :D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Bad news, Mike! Here is the text of the e-mail I received today from TCM:
Dear Viewer,
The song that you are asking about was actually written for TCM about 8 years ago by a studio composer in Nashville, TN. The song has no name and it is not available anywhere to purchase that we are aware of. Thanks for the question!
TCM Web Staff
That's a shame! Guess we'll have to to some random taping of TCM next Christmas season, eh? ;) I doubt they're still airing a Christmas promo at this late stage.
Sorry.

Mike Witt

Stunt Coordinator
Bummer! :frowning:
Thanks for your help in searching this out Mike.
Wish they could have given us the creators name and email, ha, ha!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike: Don't know how Tivo works, but I guess you can't program it to record commercials or promos, eh? ;)
P.S. We're still singing all 35 seconds proudly around our house! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks