What's new

List the TV shows not available on DVD that you would buy in a heartbeat! (1 Viewer)

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
cant believe i never saw this thread. Would love season sets or complete sets depending on the life of the shows of:

Gay-Z (2006)
Hannah Montana (2006)
Casualty@Holby City (2005)
Jeff Ltd (2005)
South Of Nowhere (2005)
Suite Life Of Zack & Cody (2005)
Clubhouse (2004)
Quintuplets (2004)
Second Time Around (2004)
10-8: Officers On Duty (2003)
099 Central (2002) - With English subtitles
Fastlane (2002)
Robbery Homicide Division (2002)
Still Standing (2002)
One On One (2001)
Paradise Falls (2001)
Taina (2001)
Attachments (2000)
Bette (2000)
Boston Public (2000)
The Money Shot (2000)
Young Americans (2000)
Holby City (1999)
Partners (1999)
Third Watch (1999)
Threesome (1999)
Undressed (1999)
Playing the Field (1998)
Rude Awakening (1998)
Spicy City (1997)
Gaytime TV (1996)
Pacific Drive (1996)
Relativity (1996)
In the Life (1992)
Courthouse (1995)
Missing Persons (1993)
Lifestories: Families In Crisis (1992)
Women In Prison (1987)

just a few i can think of right now, not sure how many actually have a chance though

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing

Its been nearly two years since this post so thought I would see if any have been released, the ones in bold have been

Mr. Ed

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Edward Van Fossan
season 7 of All In The Family...for one episode. When Archie says the eulogy for his friend Stretch Cunningham.

Happy Days....The show started maturing at season 5.

Laverne and Shirley....It seems part of the package. If I recall it ran side by side Happy Days on Tuesday nights. If I'm wrong please don't remind me. I still use pencils with erasers on them.

Mary Tyler Moore Show....By now we all know what happenes come May.

Cheyenne.....season 2. This is the season the Cheyenne song is introduced to the opening show.

Maybe Wagon Train starring Ward Bond.

Anything with Annette Funicello in it......Just kidding. (I was a kid once)

Mr. Ed

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Edward Van Fossan
The Rifleman....Chico and The Man...Captain Video and his Video Rangers...The Ladmo Show. (For those of us from Arizona)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

Like Nikki, I bolded the shows that came out since I compiled the list. At the time I started the list, I believe things like:

Rawhide
Big Valley
Leave it to Beaver
Have Gun, Will Travel

and probably many more were in the midst of releases, but they've all stalled.

Gary "interesting to go back and review lists like this after a couple of years" O.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
For shows with no releases it's a smaller number than it would have been a couple years ago but the ones that stand out for me:

The FBI (really want S1)
Ellery Queen
The Girl From UNCLE
Tarzan (Ely)
Switch
Batman (but it will never happen)

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Eight is Enough
Falcon Crest
It Takes a Thief
L.A. Law
Matt Houston
Scarecrow & Mrs. King
Spenser: For Hire
Switch
Tales of the Gold Monkey
Trapper John, M.D.
Vega$

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons

Well, I seem to have been rather lucky.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Including R2 releases, most of my wishes were granted.

Of this list I'm now only waiting for The High Chaparral and the original The Virginian.
But I've greyed out Alias Smith and Jones a bit, because only the first season was released - and we, the serious fans, seriously need the rest as well!

As for The Fugitive - I may have to buy the S2p1 set now (and will not be able to use the replacement program), but I'm honestly hoping that the rest will be fine. (No need to discuss this matter any further here.)

Cees

Charles Thaxton

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Charles Thaxton
SCIENCE FICTION THEATER (1950s)
WORLD OF GIANTS (1950s)
PROJECT UFO (Jack Webb/NBC)
WAY OUT (1960s horror)
SPIDER MAN (1970s live action/Nicholas Hammond)

heathjack

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Heath
kungfu ledgencounties
Mumpetbaibies
bATMAN WITH ADAM WEST
sPIDER-MAN LIVE ACTIOn show.
the wonder years
family matters
step by step
seven days
spider-man anmited sersies
swat kats

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
It's been nearly five years since my original post in this thread, and I'm pleased to announce that a good deal of my choices have eithen been released or are in the process of being released this year.

(The boldface titles are the successes)

Get Smart
Batman
Peyton Place
Dynasty
The Addams Family
Petticoat Junction
Perry Mason (season box sets)

He & She
The Odd Couple
Donny & Marie

Car 54
Night Court
Zoom! (the original 70's PBS classic)

Super Friends (the 1st season- 1973/74)
Here Come The Brides
The FBI
Longstreet
Honey West (Anne Franics rules- how come no film remake?)
The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr.
Burke's Law (The original '63-65 series)
The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour
Mission: Impossible
The Brady Bunch
Dragnet (the color shows from '67-70)
Emergency!
Ironside

Still a few more to go......

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Hey, I never even noticed my first list in this thread back in '04. I only looked back at the one I composed in '07. Like Charles and others, I have had some good luck. Here's my original list, with bolded items being the ones that have come out (at least partially).

Many have at least been partially released. My only downer with this first list is that 7 of the shows that have seen releases are not nearly all the way done and I'm still concerned they will never see full completion. If I thought some of them were really great candidates for a full run I'd feel a bit better. But at least some of them did see full releases, and for that I'm grateful.

Gary "this really is an interesting exercise" O.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
A good chunk of my original list is now represented on R1 DVD in one form or another (released titles in bold):

----------------------------------
WKRP -one season, a music rights nightmare, stalled/dead
(Boris Karloff's) THRILLER
THE FUGITIVE (1960s version) -2 seasons so far, hampered by music issues, now thankfully resolved (mostly)
THE WILD WILD WEST -complete!
THE ADDAMS FAMILY -complete!
WAY OUT
M SQUAD -complete!
DRAGNET (1960s version) -one season, then stalled
SUSPICION
BATMAN (Adam West)
THE WESTERNER
MAVERICK -just a "Best Of" disc, with three episodes
POLICE SQUAD! -complete!
THE INVADERS -complete!
DO NOT ADJUST YOUR SET -complete! (surviving episodes)
ULTRAMAN (original 1966 series) -complete! (though not optimal)
SPACE GIANTS
THE ALFRED HITCHCOCK HOUR
THE NEW ADVENTURES OF HUCKLEBERRY FINN (1968)
LEAVE IT TO BEAVER -2 seasons, then stalled
CORONET BLUE
KOLCHAK: THE NIGHT STALKER -complete!

Series currently available on DVD in some form, but wanted in official (non-public domain) R1 season sets, via normal online/B&M retail (not Columbia House):

DRAGNET (1950s version)
RIPPING YARNS -complete!
ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS (1950s version) -3 seasons, so far (stalled, but a recent glimmer of hope for Season 4)
LAND OF THE GIANTS -complete!
----------------------------------

The biggest surprises (for me) are M SQUAD and THE INVADERS getting complete series releases in such a short span of time (though debuting on disc long after my wish list), as well as DO NOT ADJUST YOUR SET getting any kind of state-side release at all.

Biggest disappointments are (apart from the issues that endlessly plague both WKRP and BATMAN) all from Universal; who would've thought that LEAVE IT TO BEAVER and the 1960s color version of DRAGNET, two icons of classic TV (on the same cultural recognition level as I LOVE LUCY, THE TWILIGHT ZONE and THE HONEYMOONERS) --and both fixtures on NICK@NITE and TV LAND in the 1980s and 1990s-- would be long ago stalled on DVD after a season or two?

Also amazing (and disappointing) is that Universal has done absolutely nothing so far with Boris Karloff's THRILLER, not even a "Best Of" collection, considering they've released every horror movie he ever made for the studio --they haven't even run it on their CHILLER Channel, in the close to two years it's been around! :frowning:

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Okay...I just got my paycheck. Now, if I could somehow walk into a store and any one of these releases were suddenly there in front of my face, I would buy them in an instant:

American Dreams seasons 2-3
Batman
The Banana Splits
The Big Valley seasons 2 1/2-4
The Brady Brides
Central Park West
The Colbys
Dynasty seasons 5-9 + reunion movie
Falcon Crest
Get Real
The Ghost and Mrs. Muir
Hart to Hart seasons 3-up + reunion movies
It's a Living (Making a Living)
The Jeffersons seasons 7-up
Knot's Landing seasons 3-up
The Krofft Supershow
Mama's Family (done right, and maybe even a complete series set lol)
Oh, Madeline!
Party of Five seasons 4-6
Savannah
Second Noah
Summerland
The Wonder Years

Yep, some are obscure and some are not. Some are short-lived, some had 100s of episodes. Some have been started on dvd and have been more-or-less abandoned. Some have never seen the light of day. But dang it--I'd buy 'em all.

The case (or problems) for some of the titles:

The Brady Brides: Brady nostalgia hasn't gone away; this was a fairly silly show, but the public still has a thirst for All Things Brady.
Get Real: Hello?? Anne Hathaway? Big star? Yes, she is! Put this on dvd!
Summerland & Second Noah: Second Noah had James Marsden, Summerland had Jesse McCartney AND Zac Efron! Big stars? Yes. And the shows benefit cause the guys were taking their shirts off every five minutes: put THAT on the dvd covers and maybe they'll sell! lol The negative: both shows will have music rights hell.
It's a Living: Silly but very funny sitcom about cocktail waitresses; gave Ann Jillian her shot at fame. And has a great opening theme to boot.
Mama's Family: currently in rights hell and had a negative because of a crummy 1st season release. But who doesn't love this show? I think it'd sell very well done right.
Oh, Madeline!: Madeline Kahn's first major outing as a sitcom star. Almost the 80s version of Lucy. Very well-written and oh, Madeline was funny.
Savannah: Probably the best-written primetime soap that Aaron Spelling ever did; gorgeous gals and gowns. This would make a good complete series set and I'd be first in line to buy it.
The Ghost and Mrs. Muir: finely acted and well-written comedy with a great score. And it still holds up well today. Very, very good show.
The Wonder Years: very well-remembered and beloved show; but it's got music rights hell up the wazoo. And yet--so did Ally McBeal; and they put that out on dvd. Wonders can happen...

kbrooks190

Grip
Real Name
kbro190
1. Carol Burnett Show

2. Carol Burnett Show

3. Carol Burnett Show

It's obvious that I would like to see the Carol Burnett Show on DVD!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks