1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

List of Paramount Blu-Rays w/proper disc label graphics design

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by JediFonger, May 26, 2009.

1. JediFonger

JediFonger Well-Known Member

i've got roughly 240 Blu-Rays. as evidence of Paramount lack of concern for its consumers, i can only think of 2 Paramount Blu-Ray titles from my collection with a DIFFERENT design other than the dreary and drab "gray" design.

-Iron Man's blu design on Disc1 (Disc2 still has the same crappy gray), only due to the fact that it is a corrected version. originally, both discs were gray. see note here: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/...commended.html
    -Curious Case of Benjamin Button. only because it is co-release w/Criterion.
    -Godfather (cause of Coppola mostly)
    -Indy4 (yes due to lucasfilm)
    -There Will Be Blood

can you think of any other Paramount discs w/non-standard gray design? i just think it's awful to pay so much $ and not have good graphics on it, just like all the other studios (even indie labels).

these have labels too, but i don't own them:
    -Trading Places
    -Babel
    -Lara Croft Tomb Raider
    -The Warriors

2. gomezfan69

gomezfan69 Well-Known Member

jason stocker
    It seems that Paramount had graphics on their earlier titles. Trading Places, Babel and The Untouchables are three examples from 2007. The Godfather and There Will Be Blood are two from 2008.

3. TravisR

TravisR Well-Known Member

I don't spend much time just looking at a disc but Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull has an image on it. However, that was almost definitely a Lucasfilm call than Paramount's decision.

4. JediFonger

JediFonger Well-Known Member

i just can't believe titles like bee movie, shrek3 etc. don't have custom designs. while i don't look at discs either, it lends itself to the attitude of how studios treat their films. to me paramount treats it as just products and nothing special. while as a business these are 'products' in every sense... that can translate to non-caring attitude of heavy DNR like face/off and no intention to correct it, etc.

5. Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H All Things Film Junkie
    Supporter

Stephen J. Hill
    Very true. I have yet to buy any Paramount titles on BD, but I have numerous titles on both SD and HD DVD that are printed in the oh-so-aesthetically-pleasing matte grey scheme that gives me flashbacks to early Disney/Touchstone/Miramax titles. Does it really cost that much to silkscreen in colour?

6. Joe Fisher

Joe Fisher Well-Known Member

Joseph E Fisher

Lara Croft Tomb Raider
    The Warriors

2 from my collection that have printed art instead of the drab silver label.

7. Charlie O.

Charlie O. Well-Known Member

Does Paramount do this with their standard DVD releases of these features as well?

8. Paul Arnette

Paul Arnette Well-Known Member

Yes.

9. ATimson

ATimson Well-Known Member

Interesting. While their earliest DVDs just had text labels, everything I had on standard DVD from the last 8 years or so (admittedly, just Trek discs--I forgot how little Paramount material I had) had images.

10. Gekkou

Gekkou Well-Known Member

Iron Man doesn't have a drab gray disc label, but it does have a drab blue label... [​IMG]

11. Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H All Things Film Junkie
    Supporter

Stephen J. Hill
    The first titles on DVD I recall as having the drab grey labels were Flushed Away, Over the Hedge, and MI:III