1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Lionsgate Press Release: Jimmy Hollywood -and- Ladybugs

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Lionsgate is proud to announce the upcoming Blu-ray Disc releases of Jimmy Hollywood andLadybugs and the DVD and digital download release of Six Gun on July 6th.

Jimmy Hollywood Blu-ray Disc
    Christian Slater (Heathers) and Joe Pesci (Academy Award® winner, Best Actor in a Supporting Role, Goodfellas, 1990) are at their finest in Jimmy Hollywood, the wildly funny look at Hollywood from acclaimed writer-director Barry Levinson. This outrageous crime comedy, making its Blu-ray Disc debut from Lionsgate, will be available for the first time in 1080P High Definition 16x9 Widescreen with 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio on July 6th.

Struggling actor Jimmy Alto (Pesci) can't get arrested. But the criminals that terrorize his neighborhood are making a killing. So Jimmy makes a bold career move. With the help of his loyal but spaced-out best friend (Slater), Jimmy transforms himself into "Jericho," leader of a mock-vigilante group that videotapes criminals and then turns them over to the police. It's the role of a lifetime, but when Jimmy gets caught in a crossfire between the cops and the crooks, it looks like it could be his last.
    Pricing: Blu-ray Disc $19.99

Ladybugs Blu-ray Disc
    The celebrated comedian who engaged audiences across the country with his lovable, disgruntled everyman persona is now bringing the hilarity home with the Blu-ray Disc premiere of the laugh-out-loud comedy, Ladybugs. Rodney Dangerfield stars as Chester Lee in the part-Tootsie, part-Bad News Bears 1992 hit. Golden Globe® winner Jackée Harry (Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series, TV's "227", 1985) joins Dangerfield alongside Ilene Graff (TV's "Mr. Belvedere"), Vinessa Shaw (The Hills Have Eyes) and Jonathan Brandis (TV's "SeaQuest DSV") as the cross-dressing teenager who will do anything to get close to the prettiest girl on the team. Ladybugs will be available in 1080P High Definition 16x9 Widescreen with 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio on July 6th.

Chester is a salesman looking for a little respect... and a big job promotion. To impress his boss, Chester becomes the coach of the company-sponsored girls' soccer team, the Ladybugs. But when Chester and his assistant coach (Jackée) see their woefully unskilled players, they realize the Ladybugs are going to get squashed! Chester decides the team needs a girl who plays like a boy, so he secretly enlists his fiancée's son, Matthew (Brandis), to become Martha, the Ladybugs' newest member. With his harebrained plan in place, Chester figures he has a shot at winning the championship and saving his career... or losing everything!
    Pricing: Blu-ray Disc $19.99

2. cafink

cafink Producer

Wow, Ladybugs? I didn't think we'd see that one on Blu for a few years yet, if ever. Great news.

3. Powell&Pressburger

Powell&Pressburger Screenwriter

Jack
    Ok those are some odd choices I release PARAMOUNT and LIONSGATE kind of swap out titles for their releases like RELIC and MY BLOODY VALENTINE (original), The Phantom etc... and at great prices if you are near a Wal Mart, but those two titles are insane? I take they don't have much left in the Lionsgate cannon?

Come on release The Last Unicorn in 1080P first.

Oh well. I am sure some will be thrilled.

4. Scott D S

Scott D S Supporting Actor

Ladybugs?

At this rate, we'll be getting Brain Donors and Airplane II on Blu-Ray in no time!

(Note: I would, of course, buy both of those films if they did come out on Blu-Ray.)

5. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

WHAT was the point of releasing the "Home Video Version" of Jimmy Hollywood on Blu-Ray?? This shouldn't even have been released on standard DVD- they could've at least tried to get both versions on the Blu-Ray. This wasn't even a very popular movie- I worked at a theater when it was out.

6. Jeff Adkins

Jeff Adkins Screenwriter

Jeff Adkins

I wish they would get around to GlenGarry Glen Ross.