What's new

Lionsgate 2 (1 Viewer)

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
vestron: REBEL , FEAR , GOTHIC , THE FAMILY , GOOD MORNING BABYLON , NIGHT FORCE , DEAD AIM , CHINA GIRL (Hulu) , THE BEAT , SALOMES LAST DANCE , CALL ME , PAPERHOUSE , PARAMEDICS , THE DECEIVERS , THE COURIER , OPTIONS ,BURNING SECRET , THE RAINBOW , BIG MAN ON CAMPUS , DANGEROUS CURVES , PAINT IT BLACK , WILDEST DREAMS, AMSTERDAMNED, THE TUNNEL Kings Road: FAST BREAK (Hulu) , COMFOR AND JOY, LOVIN MOLLY Vista: THREE FOR THE ROAD , DUDES , NIGHTFLERS , TRADING HEARTS , LEADER OF THE BAND , REMOTE CONTROL, RENTED LIPS , BIGGLES , 84 CHARLIE MOPIC , PASS THE AMMO , SALVATION Others: THE MANIPULATOR , EXTREME CLOSEUP , STEEL ARENA , WIN PLACE OR STEAL , CHECK MATE , AMSTERDAM KILL , ISLAND CLAWS , DEMONOID, MACABRE , SPRING FEVER , REBORN , GOLDY , BALBOA , SEX APPEAL, TEEN LUST , YOUNG NURSES IN LOVE , MAN ON FIRE, MASSIVE CRETALIATION, FUNLAND, THE DISAPPEARENCE, EROTIKILL, CLONES , ELMER , PACO , SUMMERDOG, SHE , COURIER OF DEATH , NEW YORK NIGHTS , THE WOMENS CLUB , PULSEBEAT , MODEL BEHAVIOR, THE SEA SERPENT , HOLLYWOOD HOT TUBS ,DELINQUENT SCHOOL GIRLS,IN SEARCH OF NOAHS ARK, BEYOND AND BACK , THE LINCOLN CONPIRACY , THE BERMUDA TRISNGLE , IN SEARCH OF HISTORIC JESUS , MYSTERIOUS MONSTERS ,THE BLACK PANTHER ,THE ODD ANGRY SHOT , A MATTER OF LOVE , GAS PUMP GIRLS , THE GREAT AMERICAN GIRL ROBBERY ,MOUNTAIN MAN ,TRICK OR TREATS ,SLAPSTICK OF ANOTHER KIND ,INVITATION TO THE WEDDING , HOOKER , SANDSTONE , CURTAINS , SPACESHIP ,MORTURARY,SCARRED, THE DEVILS GIFT , THE POWER ,PREPPIES, COD , RSVP , PRIME RISK , TERMINAL CHOICE, SLAMMER GIRLS , THE KINDRED Gamma 3: A DIRTY KNIGHTS WORK , BIRCH INTERVAL , PART 2 SOUNDER Keith Barish: LIGHT OF DAY, REUBEN REUBEN Live: E. NICK ,HIDER IN THE HOUSE

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Amsterdamned (1988) has been released on Region 2 in the UK by Nouveaux Pictures (back in 2009). There is a Dutch audio with English subtitles version, and an English dubbed audio version on the disc. Worth getting. Had never heard of this film until this release came along.

walter o

Supporting Actor
Um, this is the second time you listed GREAT AMERICAN GIRL ROBBERY. And yes, it is out on DVD, as is CURTAINS, DELINQUENT SCHOOL GIMANIPULATOR, MACABRE, SPACESHIP, SALOMES LAST DANCE, GOTHIC, TRICK OR TREATS, REBORN, BIGGLES Lions gate doesnt own GAS PUMP GIRLS, POWER, TERMINAL CHOICE, MORTUARY, KINDRED, PRIME RISK, NEW YORK NIGHTS, MAN ON FIRE, other studios own them now. What is MASSIVE CRETALIATION? Sounds like a fun flick!

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
Thanks for pointing that out...he said, redfaced. I'll change the mistakes. The last one you mentioned is a very rare movie-cant find it anywhere! (obviously its foreign).

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by walter o

What is MASSIVE CRETALIATION? Sounds like a fun flick!

Maybe we're talking about Massive Retaliation (1984). Which was a huge stinker, even for Drive-Ins. Gas Pump Girls is Gone With The Wind compared to this title.

It was released on VHS in 1991 and is in the Lionsgate library.

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
Thanks. Yes , MASSIVE RETALIATION (the English translation!) was godawful. I alweays founsd Meg Foster very interesting and its cool that she was some kind of genre babe without really ever being labeled as one. WELCOME TO ARROW BEACH , THUMB TRIPPING , MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE and others -she transcended bad films . Her one shot at stardom -A DIFFERENT STORY -flopped in 2 different releases. Avco Embassy really tried to make it a hit. It would actually make for a cute remake. These lists are conversation starters only-I tried to have fun with it and in doing so made me nostalgic for vhs! I'm aware alot of them are not placed correctly on the lists...and hoped you'd help me sort it out as an exercise in rightsholders. I've always been fascinated by it. CURTAINS, DELINQUENT SCHOOL GIMANIPULATOR, MACABRE, SPACESHIP, SALOMES LAST DANCE, GOTHIC, TRICK OR TREATS, REBORN, BIGGLES I am aware of these - many are in 50 FILM PACKS by less then reputable DVD companies. I've bought a few of these sets with the same attitude as i watch netflix streaming -its a way t see movies not aailable in any other way -regardless of quality .

Jeffrey:K

Second Unit
Originally Posted by kingfish

i would like to see the odd angry shot.

Synapse has the Region 1 rights to this Australian film, but they don't seem to be in any hurry to release it.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen

i would like to see the odd angry shot.

The Odd Angry Shot is one heck of a film. Taped if off HBO sometime in the early 80's and wore the tape out. About four years ago I was happy to grab a hold of an Australian DVD and was pleased with the transfer. Not sure why this film has entered my mind and stayed there except it is interesting to see how other countries saw and treated the Vietnam war. There were other countries over there besides the US at one time.

Not sure that the title is still in the Lionsgate (Vestron) library. Most of the titles that the Australian Film Commission were involved in left that library in the early 2000's. Criterion picked up a few of the titles and I wish they had picked up this one too.

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
THE ODD ANGRY SHOT is deserving of a great DVD presentation. I revisit this masterpiece at least once a year. Its attention to detail is impeccable and it has a nearly allstar Aussie cast from Bryan Brown to Alvin Purple himself-Graeme Brundell. All hold their own. Not sure if this ever received a u.s. theatrical release. In the 80s Manhattan's D.W. Griffith theater used to run Aussie Fests-but I do not believe this is one of them. There are so many vintage Oz films that need releases to DVD. All weget are the Ozploitation or Mel Gibson films. I'd like to see THE GETTING OF WISDOM ; WINTER OF OUR DREAMS ; and for a little fun the Alvin Purple trilogy. I think you may be right about Lionsgate not owning the rights-which may work to its advantage.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Given that my Lionsgate MOD preorders with Amazon have been postponed to a date unknown, I wouldn't hold my breath (but I also saw THE ODD ANGRY SHOT several times on HBO).

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by Bob Cashill

Given that my Lionsgate MOD preorders with Amazon have been postponed to a date unknown, I wouldn't hold my breath (but I also saw THE ODD ANGRY SHOT several times on HBO).

LionsGate does not own The Odd Angry Shot. That film and several other films that Vestron controlled went back to the Australian Film Commission and they have been particled out.

By the way off subject some, but there will be news announced Monday that LionsGate has taken over Summit Films. Another small company bites the dust.

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
i am wondering who owns anzacs the war down under? another great film that needs dvd treatment is the final option/who dares win. finally i would like to see tenamera the lion of Singapore.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard

i am wondering who owns anzacs the war down under? another great film that needs dvd treatment is the final option/who dares win. finally i would like to see tenamera the lion of Singapore.

The Final Option (aka Who Dares Wins) (1982) has been released in the UK by Arrow Films (a DVD and Blu-ray release), with a re-release from Arrow Video on Blu-ray (possibly Region B) in March.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
It's also streaming on Netflix. A natural for the MGM MOD in R1, and a movie that Spielberg, Zemeckis, and Kubrick all liked: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Dares_Wins_(film)

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
i wonder who owns THE LONG DAYS DYING (1968) David Hemmings another war movie.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen

i wonder who owns THE LONG DAYS DYING (1968) David Hemmings another war movie.

I think Olive is going to release it this year. It was on last years list. Paramount still controls the ownership rights.

Aunt Peg

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
William Edwards
Louis Letizia said:
THE ODD ANGRY SHOT is deserving of a great DVD presentation. I revisit this masterpiece at least once a year. Its attention to detail is impeccable and it has a nearly allstar Aussie cast from Bryan Brown to Alvin Purple himself-Graeme Brundell. All hold their own. Not sure if this ever received a u.s. theatrical release. In the 80s Manhattan's D.W. Griffith theater used to run Aussie Fests-but I do not believe this is one of them. There are so many vintage Oz films that need releases to DVD. All weget are the Ozploitation or Mel Gibson films. I'd like to see THE GETTING OF WISDOM ; WINTER OF OUR DREAMS ; and for a little fun the Alvin Purple trilogy. I think you may be right about Lionsgate not owning the rights-which may work to its advantage.
You need to get a muti region player as the Alvin Purple films and The Getting of Wisdom are available in Australia (try EZY DVD). No sign of Winter of our Dreams - I'm waiting for that one myself.

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
Thank you. I do have a multiregion player and will check them out. Others that were on video here in that huge wave in the 80s that I'd like to see get a u.s. dvd release are The Rollicking Adventures of Eliza Fraser Sunday Too Far Away Picture Show Man "Jock" Petersen In fact , there were quite a few Australian films in theaters, video and cable that gave very good coverage. But since The Last Wave of films , there hasnt been such a great influx of homegrown films from Oz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks